Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BosTech

20 best walking cities in US

15 posts in this topic

Jacksonville on 29th as city above 500.000???

These studies are so bad,as largest kontinental city in US ,this is biggest suburban city...Kinda hard to belive its more "walkable" then other smaller or denser cities.

Plus they calculate by city not metro.

Atlanta is UNDER 500K section...LOL.

http://articles.health.msn.com/id/100103635

I can't believe that Orlando made #19 on the 200K-500K list and beat out Miami, Tampa, and St. Pete. Has anyone ever tried WALKING in Orlando??? I'd feel safer walking on I-95 in Miami any day over trying to avoid the crazy & rushed people in this town!

The list seems strange to me for the most part (Tampa over St. Pete?). But if Disney/Universal/Sea World counted in Orlando's stats, then Orlando would be one of the best walking cities in the country... Since that's probably not the case, then the rankings are a bit of a surprise, though I do think Orlando has the most walkable downtown among the big cities.

TALLAHASSEE chimes in at #16, Florida's highest rated most walkable city! YAY!! :)

Good job Tally! Definitely another high point for a great Florida city.

Also, how is Tamp more walkable than St. Pete?? Where is Key West on the list?

^instead of looking at it this way... why not try to view it as a needs for improvement. These type of studies merely reveal weaknesses... and every city has them.

I don't know where the author is the study is walking, but I sure as hell wouldn't walk in any of the Florida cities mentioned on that list for fear of being hit by a car or some other crime. I definitely wouldn't walk anywhere in Tallahassee, especially in the summer b/c that city has too many hills that make it seems as though you're on a treadmill with the incline set to 10.

Someone should shoot the person who acually comes up with these statistics.

Waste of time.....

This is not a raing of how walkable a cty is, but rather how many people actually walk in a city. There are several cities on that list that could be considered unfriendly to pedestrians.

the complaint about the hills in tallahassee is silly... you realize that if u walk up a hill in the sun, you get to walk down in the shade... a little tally town saying for those of u in the flatlands.