Hartford Construction

uconn99

Some pictures I took this past weekend. Also attended the Buick Championship. Wasn't allowed to bring camera in so not shots at the course. Crowd was pretty weak on Saturday, however Sunday there was a good showing evan with the rain.

The pictures are not the best because I was in a moving car. Only time I had to take any pictures of downtown.

436513692cfuquK_ph.jpg

436512337MPTIdw_ph.jpg

436509355rFCWsy_ph.jpg

436500345kThmlf_ph.jpg

436495238zMRSzf_ph.jpg

436496018zwUPsq_ph.jpg

435308561ghFtnV_ph.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only seeing red X's :(

re: the Buick Championship... I just heard on the news that attendance was way down this year, coming in at approx 70,000 for the week. :sick: Last year, it was around 150,000, and the years before well over 200,000. Thank God Mickelson is coming back next year, and hopefully Tiger will make his first appearance at the TPC.

I think I posted the images correctly. I used Webshots as the host. They are coming in on my PC, we will see what happens a little later....

As for the attendance figures, 70,000 seems pretty low. Saturday there seemed to be around 30,000. Sunday the crowd was much better, however it was a crowd you would expect more on a Friday or possibly Thursday in previous years. I would think Sundays crowd was around 40-45,000. I believe when the records were set in 2001, Sundays crowd was into the high 80's.

Next year should bring a better field and much better date. It is in late June, early July and doesn't have to compete with the Pilot Pen or any majors. The nearest major is 2 weeks before and 3 weeks after. I am not sure if Tiger will be there, but you should be able to count on at least Phil and Vijay and some other big names.

This years finish was one of the greatest ever though. A playoff and two great shots on the final hole, the crowd was going nuts.

I looked at WebShots, it doesn't seem that they allow hotlinking off of there servers, which is what you are doing when you try to show images from there on a forum.

You should try Photobucket which is what I use, and they have a free service. You could also try flickr which is very popular and free.

Archived