GMU Construction Thread

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was doing some reading in the library on like wednesday.... and the 5th floor gives a great view of the entire site of the Northeast Sector Development. I noticed at least one foudnation for a tower crane being constructed. This project will probably have 3-4 tower cranes....

Mason Receives Award for Internationalization Efforts

Not directly related to construction, unless you include the new campus being built in the United Arab Emirates...

Also,

Broadside's Construction Update:

........From renovations to Fenwick Library, which is scheduled to be completed at the end of the month, to the massive Northeast Sector Development project, construction is taking over Mason's Fairfax campus........

I was doing some reading in the library on like wednesday.... and the 5th floor gives a great view of the entire site of the Northeast Sector Development. I noticed at least one foudnation for a tower crane being constructed. This project will probably have 3-4 tower cranes....

Maybe you could take your camera with you some time and surprise us with some pics. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tower crane is up and they one of the new buildings is beginning to rise out of the ground :thumbsup:

Also, according to reports, there is a hotel/conference center in the works on campus. The master plan shows one near the Patriot Center near the main entrance from Braddock Rd.

• 1 month later...

Any new pictures of the contruction site? I drive by it every so often on my way off campus and I can't tell if there are 3 or 4 tower cranes up... There might even be just two, who knows, it's hard to tell driving on Patriot Circle since you get so many view points and all of which are from behind trees....

I'll try to take some before I leave... right now I've gotta finish up a painful takehome final.

Currently there are two tower cranes up, they may have 3 eventually. There are some smaller cranes on site as well. A few of the new buildings are on the second floor of construction. Pretty cool! Too bad I'll be gone by the time it's all finished :)

I think there should be a good view of it from one of the top floors of Fenwick Library.... but that place is always packed for finals so we'll see.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I was on campus two weeks ago and they have blocked off the rest of the parking lot which Research 1 took out. There are two signs, "Academic 5" and "Volgenau IT&E" so I am guessing they are building two academic buildings at the same time. Anyone know anything else about this?

On a side note, does anyone else feel like this thread DIED once it was put into the DC Metro subcategory? I think it is too hard to find... Maybe should be moved back into Virginia...

• 2 months later...

Archived