Tallahassee Sidewalks #1 in Florida!

Florida

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed I might be, TJ.

Let's just remember, this is not a rating of how pedestrian friendly a city is, but rather how many people actually walk in the city. See this quote from an Atlanta forumer for more:

Again, this not a rating of most walkable city, it is a rating of the most WALKING cities meaning that a good percentage of the citys residents DO walk, in this case, primarily to commute to work via mass transit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that atlanta forumer is talking steam... Tallahassee sidewalks are definatly great. But underused, mostly. I love seeing a crowd hurry across monroe street on a weekday, but visitors might not realize, they are hurrying beacuse they had to wiat 10 minuites for the ped signal. Tallahassee could do more ped bridges in key places. I Love the fact we made tops of fla and country. Blairstone is fantastic by the way. And the integrations in the SE cap circle will definatly move us up the list in the nation aswell.. we be a tree city if you can talk a walk to tour them all right?

^You sure do have a point about Blair Stone! That road is awesome, everything about it.

The meandering sidewalks along capital circle in my opinion will be a waist of money, but they sure do look good in the renderings!

The work the city has been doing all throughout the community has been amazing. As it relates to sidewalks I've seen crews working all along Hwy 90, and I hear rumor 27 is next.

^and we have 3 campuses... so that might be part of the thing... but then again, Gainesville, Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, West Palm and other cities throughout Florida have campuses with walking pedestrians also... so there has to be more to it than that.

If they were talking the actual connectivity of the sidewalks... this would make a lot more since.

• 2 weeks later...

i mentioned the South gateway at orange and adams, there is definalty sidewalk work... but still i see nothing exciting. they did announce construction to begin last tuesday (democrat). I am more interested in the way they tie in Famu. My firends and I ride our bikes out there at night... i will try to check it out next week

Archived