Va Beach/Norfolk split?

vdogg

Should Norfolk and Va. Beach each have their own subforums separate from the HR subforum?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should Norfolk and Va. Beach each have their own subforums separate from the HR subforum?

• Yes
    • No
    • undecided

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that way too you are not 'favoring' cities over others.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: Yes, I was concerned about that appearance as well. Honestly though if NN or Hampton were the busiest ones I would be looking to create subforums for them instead. It's all really just a way to better organize things.

If you were to do this, it would probably be best to have their separate sub-forums within the Hampton Roads section. This would make it easier for out-of-town lurkers, like myself to navigate this section. In the future, as the local forum membership continues to rise, other Hampton Roads cities could branch off as well, with the Hampton Roads section being used for issues that affect the entire region, such as transportation systems and military issues.

If you were to do this, it would probably be best to have their separate sub-forums within the Hampton Roads section.  This would make it easier for out-of-town lurkers, like myself to navigate this section.  In the future, as the local forum membership continues to rise, other Hampton Roads cities could branch off as well, with the Hampton Roads section being used for issues that affect the entire region, such as transportation systems and military issues.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really like that idea. So if I am understanding you correctly, we'd still have the main HR and Richmond subforums, then underneath HR we'd have Norfolk and Va. Beach subforums and then everything else. I think thats the best one i've heard yet. :thumbsup:

I really like that idea. So if I am understanding you correctly, we'd still have the main HR and Richmond subforums, then underneath HR we'd have Norfolk and Va. Beach subforums and then everything else. I think thats the best one i've heard yet.

I thought that was your original idea, vdogg.

Anyways, I fully agree with your plan, lakelander.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, my original idea was to have Norfolk and Va beach and HR and Richmond as equal subforums under the Virginia forum. Lakelander is saying put Norfolk and Va. Beach as subforums of the HR subforum, which i had thought of, but didn't know if it was possible.

Maybe this could help end my confusion.

My original plan at the beginning of the thread would have called for this:

Hampton Roads/Tidewater Metro

The Seven Cities

Subforums: Norfolk, Virginia Beach

Is this what you're saying thelakelander's idea would have called for, too?

Maybe this could help end my confusion.

My original plan at the beginning of the thread would have called for this:

The Seven Cities

Is this what you're saying thelakelander's idea would have called for, too?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I guess we were all a little confused. That is the format it would take and HR and Richmond would remain the main subforums under the Virginia main forum so in closing

You would have this:

The Seven Cities

Richmond

The Capital City Region

all under the Virginia forum itself.

Well, that certainly seems the most logical and easy to use plan that we have come up with so far. :)

Give it a day or two more, but I'm betting that popular consensus will be "yes".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So am I :D . I just can't believe that we brainstormed 3 pages on this already :rofl: .

Well, that certainly seems the most logical and easy to use plan that we have come up with so far. :)

Give it a day or two more, but I'm betting that popular consensus will be "yes".

Congrats on 2600+ posts, BTW.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. 1400 more and I become a city :lol: .

So am I  :D . I just can't believe that we brainstormed 3 pages on this already  :rofl: .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That seems to be the nature of conversation...beat around the bush for a few hours before finally realizing the that we're all talking about the same thing. :lol:

You seem to be an obsessive smilie user much like myself.

That seems to be the nature of conversation...beat around the bush for a few hours before finally realizing the that we're all talking about the same thing.  :lol:

You seem to be an obsessive smilie user much like myself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's interesting you should bring that up because a few of us were actually discussing smiley addiction in another thread. :lol:

:rofl: Smileys :silly: more smileys :rolleyes: and some more :w00t:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a pity they only allow 5 per post here.

What thread is it that you speak of?

Who will get there first?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You more than likely.

What are all the star ranks? Does any little graphic come after them?

I have no doubt that you will. You pratically live here now

I feel homeless for most of the day. My adopted forum, Atlanta and GA don't get much activity. That's why I come to places like here in hopes of finding a good topic or two.

You more than likely.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UP reaches 1 year old thread. guynvb brought up the fact that we need more smileys (which I agree) and it sort of got us off on a little tangent.

You more than likely.

I feel homeless for most of the day. My adopted forum, Atlanta and GA don't get much activity. That's why I come to places like here in hopes of finding a good topic or two.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well monsoon is the guinea pig on that one :lol: . He currently has over 7000 posts (making him metropolis with 3 stars) but that was after they had reset his post count once. Legend has it he had so many post that they had to redo the post count settings because he had so many stars they wouldn't fit anymore. I have no idea what if anything comes after metropolis. I think it may just end at metropolis and you keep collecting stars.

Ecumenopolis, perhaps?

Do we like tangents or what? LOL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A fusion of Megalopolises! :o Dear God, I can't imagine. That would be like an entire state of cities. Coruscant would have nothing on that :lol: .

edit: For those of you that aren't star wars geeks thats the giant city-state in star wars.

Well this is what I hate about school. I come home to a gajillion new posts. So unfortunately, this board may become mainly a weekend thing for me with all my AP classes and cross country. But I really like the idea of a Norfolk subforum and and a Va. Beach subforum. At like 1000 posts each, they deserve it! :D

The polls evened out a bit :huh: . This is actually kinda surprising. Please post if you vote too, i'd like to know where everyone is on this (especially if you vote no, i'd like to see what you'd prefer to see done instead).

Archived