Va Beach/Norfolk split?

vdogg

Should Norfolk and Va. Beach each have their own subforums separate from the HR subforum?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should Norfolk and Va. Beach each have their own subforums separate from the HR subforum?

• Yes
    • No
    • undecided

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok guys. We're going with Norfolk and Va. Beach suforums. I'm also gonna expand the topics a bit to include arts, resturants, entertainment, culture, and city government issues. This will allow for a lot more depth in discussion for issues related to these great cities.

Ok guys. We're going with Norfolk and Va. Beach suforums. I'm also gonna expand the topics a bit to include arts, resturants, entertainment, culture, and city government issues. This will allow for a lot more depth in discussion for issues related to these great cities.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool when do you plan to do this big project? This weekend cause I know that its going to take you a while to do that!

Cool when do you plan to do this big project? This weekend cause I know that its going to take you a while to do that!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll probably start 2nite. You'll be able to see them but they won't be finished til the weekend.

It's gonna be this

Name: Norfolk

description: The Urban Center

Name: Virginia Beach

description: The City by the Sea

I was thinking calling Norfolk the urban center may be controversial but really it's stating reality so thats what i'm going with. We can change it later if it causes too much fuss.

I was thinking calling Norfolk the urban center may be controversial but really it's stating reality so thats what i'm going with. We can change it later if it causes too much fuss.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great idea. I would hope no one would have any issues with Norfolk being called the urban center as it definitely is just that and was here long before VB or another other southside cities.

Great idea. I would hope no one would have any issues with Norfolk being called the urban center as it definitely is just that and was here long before VB or another other southside cities.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right. Ok, enough indecision, I'm going for it! :lol: I'm gonna go ahead and send the pm off before I punk out again. :rofl:

So, who will be moving all the threads?

Best of luck with the new foums.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will be once monsoon is done making the forums. There's a lot of new threads and a lot of splitting of certain threads i'll have to do so i'm basically gonna take it one step at a time. Everything should be set in place in a few days though.

Well, I'd be happy to help in any way possible. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the offer. I'm not sure if editors have the ability to move threads though. That being said, there may be a couple of projects that I need to enlist your help on. I'm gonna get everything moved first though. :)

^Editors have their 5 day editing restrictions removed and can delete their own posts or threads. I suppose that if they can show responsibilty there, then they'll be considered for the next step up.

I'll see if I can make a list of topics to be moved and where, though.

^Editors have their 5 day editing restrictions removed and can delete their own posts or threads. I suppose that if they can show responsibilty there, then they'll be considered for the next step up.

I'll see if I can make a list of topics to be moved and where, though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. I am gonna create a lot of new topics for Va. Beach and possibly pair down the development thread a little (now that I have space) cause a lot of the topics in there can stand on their own. As for Norfolk, I'm just looking for whole topics to move because it's pretty much already heavy in the thread department, though I may break Norfolk development thread down a little.

I just noticed that ironchapman was an editor.  Just curious what that means and such.  :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Editors are forumers who help maintain and construct special projects for UP. They have their edit and delete restrictions removed for threads they make and they have special access to areas on UP that are not visible to other forumers.

Editors are forumers who help maintain and construct special projects for UP. They have their edit and delete restrictions removed for threads they make and they have special access to areas on UP that are not visible to other forumers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sounds quite interesting

Is there any requirements for and/or any need for more editors?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No requirements other than a good post history, decent level of forum participation, and certain ideas or projects that you'd like to work. I'm not sure if there is a need for more editors yet or not. We just have to see how this goes first.

No requirements other than a good post history, decent level of forum participation, and certain ideas or projects that you'd like to work. I'm not sure if there is a need for more editors yet or not. We just have to see how this goes first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok. Well if ever so please keep me in mind.

Archived