Map of your state's public higher ed system

TheBostonian

I looked hard to find a map of the complete Massachusetts public higher education system, but didn't find a good one. So I put this one together:

cleanermap.JPG

I've looked around to see similar maps from other states. NY has one:

suny_map_all.jpg

Can you find a complete map like this for your state? There are some maps with only public universities or only community colleges, but not everything else and everything together.

For example, there's a pdf of CA's whopping 109 community colleges here:

http://www.cccco.edu/find/find.htm

but I couldn't find a complete map. Same goes for this PA map of only the state universities:

pa_map2.jpg

I find it quite interesting seeing a state's entire public higher ed. system. Can anyone find one from any state?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.mnscu.edu/campuses/index.html

This is a map of all the colleges/universities that are part of MNSCU (Minnesota State Colleges and Universities).

There are 46 state 2 year colleges all over the state and 7 state universities. The most popular of those are Bemidji State, St. Cloud State, and Minnesota State Mankato.

On top of this system is the University of Minnesota system, also funded by the state, which includes 6 campuses: Saint Paul, Minneapolis, Duluth, Rochester, Crookston, and Morris.

Minnesota public education system is extensive.

Minnesota's private colleges and universities are also well known, including Saint Olaf, Gustavus Adolphus, Saint John's/Saint Benedict's, U of Saint Thomas, Saint Mary's, Saint Kate's, Bethel.. the list goes on and on.

Higher education is very important and is well funded (not as good as it used to be, but we're trying.)

Also, many of Minnesota's state colleges have "banded" tuition.. meaning that you pay for 12 credits (typically a 4 class/semester load), but if you take more, you are not charged extra for it. This encourages people to take advantage of supplemental classes and to graduate early if they want.

• 4 weeks later...

These are some excellent maps, glad to see so many states making higher education a priority. Best map (besides the University of Pittsburgh branch campuses lol) I'd have to say is the NY and the 2nd Georgia ( I like that county outlining).

I know I've seen a better map than this, but this'll get the job done. Here's a simple map of Florida's state universities:

fl_map.gif

From left to right, top to bottom:

Archived