• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DigitalSky

The Charlotte Observer

8 posts in this topic

that's interesting and hard to believe, but if its on wikipedia i'd say it's valid. this little tidbit should be promoted a little more by the observer.

That's an interesting fact. I would have thought the oldest Daily one would be in New England somewhere.

The Charlotte Observer is not the oldest daily in America. The New York Post, the New Hampshire Gazette, and the Hartford Courant are the oldest. I don't even think the Charlotte Observer is North Carolina's oldest-I think its the Morning Star in Wilmington.

It's the oldest daily newspaper that has been a daily newspaper from its first publication. The New york Times, etc. may have started earlier, but weren't daily when they started.

The Fayetteville Observer Times is North Carolinas oldest newpaper. It started around 1814. I don't know about daily though. I think it went daily 1902.

that's interesting and hard to believe, but if its on wikipedia i'd say it's valid. this little tidbit should be promoted a little more by the observer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone can add information on wikipedia, right? I wouldn't assume everything on there is fact.