Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

urbanesq

Will you buy a lottery ticket?

Now that the NC legislature has passed the lottery bill, will you buy a ticket?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the NC legislature has passed the lottery bill, will you buy a ticket?

• NO! I was opposed to the lottery and refuse to support it.
    • No, I wasn't opposed but doubt I'd buy one.
    • Yes, I supported it and want to support education.
    • YES! Who cares about education, I want to hit the jackpot.
    • Yeah, I was opposed but will probably buy one for kicks.
    • Maybe, not really sure.

With all the lottery debate now essentially a thing of the past, just curious to see whether people will actually buy lottery tickets.

Nah, Charlotte residents have been able for a long time to cross the line and buy lotto tickets in SC. The local TV stations even give the results of the SC lottery. But I never bothered to buy one.

The only times I've ever bought them, was just as a curiosity. I mentally told myself I was throwing money away.

I might buy a few and leave them as tips for the busboys.

I might buy a few and leave them as tips for the busboys.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure the busboys would rather have the cash, unless you already knew it was a winning ticket. :)

I don't think I'll buy lottery tickets. I wish we weren't even getting a lottery.

Nah, Charlotte residents have been able for a long time to cross the line and buy lotto tickets in SC.  The local TV stations even give the results of the SC lottery.  But I never bothered to buy one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its like that in Greensboro. Local stations give the results for the Virginia Lotto. I do support it. It will help support education and now I dont have to make the 30 minute drive to Danville, VA. I can just go around the corner to the gas station.

Like Cityboi stated, in Winston (or Gso), you're less than an hour from VA and our local news stations show the numbers so I personally think it's crazy to send that money to other states. So yes I support the lottery. But I doubt I will buy a ticket because I think it's a waste of money. At least in Vegas you get free alcohol for throwing your money away...lol.