Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beerbeer

IN-PROGRESS: Trumbull on the Park

This a great project!

The apartments are in a great location and they should have no problem filling them since a few doors down at 55 On the Park (SNET Building) the 130 apartments there are fully leased. This is a great looking building and the fact that 12 of the 100 units will be in renovated historic Lewis Street buildings will add a bit of charm to the city.

Also the ground floor retail space is leased to a wine and cheese shop, a drycleaners and Quizznos which is also great news.

I agree. What a nice shot. Bushnell Park is one of the nicest downtown parks anywhere.

Trumbull on the Park has a wine shop, a cheese shop, a drycleaner and a sandwich shop under lease for the street level retail. They are still looking for a restaurant for the main space and patio next to the historic Noah Webster Building.

I'm not so keen on the Lewis Street side of the project though.I wish they had restored those 19th century house as single family homes instead of preserving the facade and combining them into one apartment building. It kind of defeats the purpose of preservation. The same thing was done with the historic buildings on Pratt St and again with the Goodwin Hotel. I'm not a big fan of it.

Is there any possibility of it being expanded upward? That's a huge spot to waste on a 12 story building, in my opinion...

So are these apartments open? Anyone want to take some pictures of what this area looks like now?

There are models open to the public to view the entire property is not officaly open. The parking garage opened last January and the retail and apartments will be opening soon. The developers office will be contacting me with a grand opening date when they get it and then I will pass it along to everyone here.

They open tomorrow, November 1st.

There are 88 units in the building shown below. Half of these have been reported as rented pre-opening.

park_view.jpg

There are an additonal 12 units on the Lewis Street side of the complex.

This is the Lewis Street side of the project.

Lewis_0803.jpg

This is early during construction. I think the new building now rises behind the Lewis Street entrance.

Wow, having those little houses right downtown like that is cool. Feels like Philadelphia to me for some reason, though I've never been there.

I thought the grand opening was tomorrow nov 1 but when I called for a time I was told the opening was not nov 1 but that they would call me with a date and time when they get it. Im so confused, anyone know if it is happening tomorrow nov 1 and at what time or when it is happening if not tomorrow.

A "grand opening" is an event that usual lags behind the real opening. About ten days ago, they told me that the apartments would open on November 1st. It would be great if someone could stroll by and see if the retail clients have opened their doors.

I'm going to be in the Hartford area this upcoming Wednesday thru Sunday, I'll bring my camera along and try and get some pics of ToTP.

I think I remember seeing something on an apt finder website that was listing 1 bedrooms starting at 1200 and studio starting at 950ish. Although I don't know if they are just "pre-leasing" or actually doing it.

A friend of mine is looking to move into this development, but they raised the rents. Now rents are starting at $900/month for a studio, and go as high as $3k for a 2 bedroom. If these new developments can fetch higher rents then we should see more of them popping up around town.

Living at Trumbull on the Park. I've been there almost three months now and the place is filling up. Nothing beats living within walking distance of so many great restaurants and attractions. Quiznos looks to be opening up soon, as for the other retail it looks like it's in the works. Let me know if anyone has questions...