Welcome

monsoon

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum. :)

grownsup,

Not to be forward, but I am a former urban planner, now GIS guy for a local county government. Do you have a job lined up? The reason I ask is my county has an opening for a Planner, but it is sort of an entry-level position (Planner 1). If interested in additional info maybe I could e-mail you.

Other forumers, I'm not sure if this is an appropriate post so I apologize in advance.

grownsup,

Not to be forward, but I am a former urban planner, now GIS guy for a local county government. Do you have a job lined up? The reason I ask is my county has an opening for a Planner, but it is sort of an entry-level position (Planner 1). If interested in additional info maybe I could e-mail you.

Other forumers, I'm not sure if this is an appropriate post so I apologize in advance.

Well, it is borderline but as long as you know to email grownsup if you wish further correspondence everything is cool. :thumbsup: Welcome to the forum btw. Do you live in this area?

Well, it is borderline but as long as you know to email grownsup if you wish further correspondence everything is cool. :thumbsup: Welcome to the forum btw. Do you live in this area?

vdogg,

Sorry about that, I figured it was borderline.

Yes, I am from NE North Carolina and live and work in the area. However, I consider Norfolk to be "home" and am more interested in the HR area than Raleigh, Charlotte, etc.

BTW, I have been reading this site for many months and love the project listings thread. I am a GIS (Geographic Information System) person and would LOVE to make a really nice map showing the projects in Norfolk that can be posted. Not sure of the specifics for posting but maybe I can work on it sometime.

vdogg,

Yes, I am from NE North Carolina and live and work in the area. However, I consider Norfolk to be "home" and am more interested in the HR area than Raleigh, Charlotte, etc.

BTW, I have been reading this site for many months and love the project listings thread. I am a GIS (Geographic Information System) person and would LOVE to make a really nice map showing the projects in Norfolk that can be posted. Not sure of the specifics for posting but maybe I can work on it sometime.

We would appreciate that! And welcome! :thumbsup:

vdogg,

Feel free, I would love to see a new map of these projects and was actually thinking about doing one myself. We've sort of outgrown the old map so any contribution you feel like making will always be welcome. :thumbsup:

grownsup,

I do not have a job just yet. I am not moving up until Mid Summer so I have some time.....but please PM me (I think we need a certain number of posts first) I would like to talk. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

What's up everyone! I finally got "validated". I guess certain email addresses don't allow the validation email to come through so it took me some time. Anyway, I travel quite a bit for work and often run across really interesting new developments in other cities which are worth noting. I know that most people would rather keep that information on that particular city's forum but I don't think it would hurt to share these projects with the people here. I think it lends itself to new ideas for Norfolk and promotes forward thinking for our own projects.

Welcome. I have seen some of your previous posts in other threads, but let me give you an official welcome to UP. I agree, its good to share thoughts and ideas across the spectrum. Despite boundaries, we are a region and we are all in this together.

• 2 months later...

Welcome aboard! Its funny, I spent some time in NYC after school and its amazing how people from the city view Virginia. Everyone thinks of VA as farmland and hills. Funny, because I had to keep telling people that I did not grow up on a farm!

• 2 months later...

I am in the military and have been keeping up to date on all of the construction projects in Hampton Roads by reviewing posts on Urban Planet. Urban Planet was especially useful while I was deployed to Iraq. I reviewed the site daily and never missed a beat on all of the construction going on in the Hampton Roads area. I have a lot of pics to post but do not know the easiest way to post my pics. Can anyone assist me with posting pics on the site?

Archived