Welcome

monsoon

I have been away for the Christmas holidays and just read your intro, Matt. Great having you amongst us here on UP. And congrats on graduating from ODU. It's great having other folks as yourself who are interested in urban planning and studies. Sometimes I think I missed my calling in life.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess I haven't introduced myself even tho I've been posting a lot since I joined. I'm Matt, 23 from Virginina Beach, although I've been living in Norfolk for nearly 3 years now. Currently in Ghent, I will probably live here for some time. Although once Light Rail opens, you can bet I'll try to get as close as possible. I have been raised in the 757 and love it here. I just graduated from ODU and start graduate studies in January (Public Administration and Urban Studies with a concentration in Urban Planning. I came across the forum as a result of continually searchin via google for info on upcoming projects. I come from a family of contractors and builders with a long history in Norfolk, so I am constantly told about the way things used to be, which is interesting.

I apologize for being late on this, welcome to the forum. :)

Hi All! I've posted just a couple times recently, and came across this thread-

I'm new to Norfolk, lived in VB & also chesapeake for a couple years prior to this, and grew up mostly in the Midwest (IN & MN).

I just moved into Hague tower (if anyone else on this site lives there, lemme know), and I'm attending TCC at nights, pursuing my associate of science in engineering before I head off somewhere (hopefully to VT for Fall'09) to get my bachelor's in Civil.

I'm very into construction, architecture, & engineering, just turned 25, and I'm working full time doing CAD work using both bentley & autodesk software.

If anyone ever wants to get up for a drink or a bite downtown let me know!

-Rob

• 4 months later...

Just a quick announcement. I'm glad I came across this site again. I had bookmarked it in my laptop years ago before it died. I am rescuing some of my images from defunct sites and reposting them, along with some new stuff at Flickr. Feel free to peruse and let me know how I can post some on this site.

Cheers

Clyde

Olde Towne Photos ( Portsmouth )

Blogspot

Flickr

• 3 years later...
  • vdogg unpinned this topic

Archived