Virginia Beach Stores, Retail, and Restaurants

vdogg

I have found that usually CC will have about the same price as BB but BB has a larger selection for sure. But I favor CC since I can walk there in less than 5 mins.

We just bought a new 56" Samsung DLP. Shopped at BB and CC -- $100 less at BB, so we bought it for later delivery (have to have the cabinet rebuilt to fit). But when I went to Amazon, got it for $300 less, no sales tax, no delivery charge (another $150). Delivered Monday, but there has been a further $200 price reduction which Amazon honors for another 30 days. So, total savings, $650. Worth looking at Amazon for that stuff.

And a random observation -- if the entire TV is under $1200, then why does Monster think you will pay $100 just for the HDMI cable? Especially when a Philips is $35 at Walmart?

Monster knows people are stupid and when you say words like gold connectors and virtually no loss of signal they'll pay the premium when in actually, the noticable difference between Monster cables and decent cables is negligible.

Also, although you ultimately bought the Amazon one, BB and CC offer brick&mortar price matching plus an additional 10% of the difference (i.e. 110% of the difference) for any local store. So the TV would've been cheaper at CC. Doesn't work on rebates, online deals, or members-only discounts.

I would have rather paid the extra just for a place i can take the tv back if its screwed up.
I thought about that -- but no matter who I bought it from, it was going to have to be picked up by Samsung warranty repair. It is just too big to even get in my SUV. Couldn't be happier -- picture is gorgeous. Now, just have to wait on D* TV to do the install. Cox added some HD channels over the weekend, but they still trail D* by a mile.

Verizon Fios will have around 100 HD channels by the end of the year. Better picture over both of those companies

#1 -- not available at my house

#2 -- no Setanta Soccer Channel on FIOS

#3 -- FIOS only has about 20 HD channels right now, D* has over 50 (not counting the Regional Sports). Bottom line is that D* has about every channel that has HD programming. Biggest drawback is that they don't have HD locals yet, but OTA integration is fantastic.

Verizon fios tv is only 2 years old and they are constantly adding channels. Picture quality trumps both satelite and cable tv. It will be in your area eventually. Verizon is building the network from the ground up so it will take time. Alot of the channels have exclusive rights with the cable providers but that will soon change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Zinc Brasserie at Hilltop has closed, as of last Sunday. Never seemed to find its way, starting soon after opening. Great expectations - authentic zinc bar, involvement by Todd Jurich, authentic French menu. None of which lasted past three months, except the bar. Probably had the worst escargot I have ever had there.

Zinc Brasserie at Hilltop has closed, as of last Sunday. Never seemed to find its way, starting soon after opening. Great expectations - authentic zinc bar, involvement by Todd Jurich, authentic French menu. None of which lasted past three months, except the bar. Probably had the worst escargot I have ever had there.

I'd never even heard of them, if I had I would have visited. Perhaps their marketing was the cause.

I'd never even heard of them, if I had I would have visited. Perhaps their marketing was the cause.

It's been years, and i'm fairly certain it closed a while ago, but is Le Chambord (sp?) still around? French cuisine in va beach, somewhere in Great Neck or FC?

Where? how do you know?

It will be next to the new Panera Bread that is next to Michaels. I seen it yesterday when I was eating at Panera Bread. You guys in Va Beach get all the good stuff. I been missing that place since I was in Richmond.

Edited by Weaver24

Chipotle coming to va Beach near pembroke...

mmmm...Chipotle is sooo good! I've been waiting for years for them to come. I wish they would open one in downtown Norfolk but I'll take one in Va Beach. This was also announced in the latest issue of Inside Business.

Buckle(next to Up Against the Wall) and Sephora (next to Hollister) will be opening soon at Lynnhaven Mall. Sephora used to be at MacArthur Center a long time ago.

Yessssssss - those are great stores. I'm a guy, but I love the men's healthcare products at Sephora - body wash, face wash. They're awesome.

Also, I just got back from a visit to the Prime Outlets in Williamsburg - amazing. Burberry, Coach, Juicy Couture, and soon a Hugo Boss. It's really getting some great stuff up there. When Hugo Boss opens next month, I might have to invest in a new suit ! Also, I'd like if they opened up in TC area. I think it'd do well with the business-savvy, young population there, even if Virginia Beach tends to be a 'no frills' city.

• 2 weeks later...