Virginia Beach Stores, Retail, and Restaurants

vdogg

• 1 month later...

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/appliance-store-will-hire-100-locals

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - Indianapolis-based appliance company hhgregg announced Monday that it is looking to fill approximately 100 positions this spring in Virginia Beach and Newport News, Va.

The Virginia Beach location will be at 3421 Virginia Beach Blvd. and the Newport News store will be at 12140 Jefferson Ave. They estimate hiring about 50 employees per store.

"As we continue to expand in Virginia, we look forward to hiring talented members of the local community to be part of the hhgregg team," said Regional Manager of hhgregg Andrew Eaton. "We encourage those with a friendly attitude and customer service focus to apply. There are many exciting opportunities available to grow with our company."

It is really sad how Hampton gets 50 new retailers out of state and region and Virginia Beach Town center has stalled their phase IV project til March. And It looks like Noone wants to move into Town Center for their shops.. I hear places are closing down, probably taking their business elsewhere to the lovely Hampton Town Center.. Virginia Beach Town Center lacks alot.. They have the eye sore Mall they should have torn down instead of revonating it and making it even more a eye sore and such. Look at the Columbus Village with the Regal.. They could rebuilt that into a highly mixed use development with a state of the art Cinema, grand fountain with statues, trees and plants/grass.. but no they are letting Hampton Win the game.. Yes Virginia Beach has the tallest building but they are not doing much.. only 2 towers currently and all they do is delay the project.. If we were such in a recession there wouldnt be 50 new stores opening up in Hampton for March 11th.. and none of the stores/restraunts even exist in the modern Town Center of va beach.. PF Changs and CheeseCake factory are the only busy restraunts at vbtc.. thats sad

most of that doesn't warrant a reply. Hampton is on the opposite side of the water, which means it's a totally different market. As for restaurants in TC, I don't know how Red Star Tavern is still open but all of the others are constantly busy, even on week nights...

These are a few of the stores that are coming to Hampton Town Center to fill the space.. And more is on the way.. 50 is what they said.. wish we could have stores and restrants at va beach town center.. what is va beach doing?.. stalling on the Phase IV project and falling behind the game.. what a waste!.

Dining & Specialty Foods

Abuelo's Mexican Food Embassy

bd's Mongolian Grill

Bensi Ristorante Italiano

Chipotle

Five Guys

Frank Beamer's American Grill

Huey's Diner

JoJack's Espresso Café

Kenji Fusion

Outback Steakhouse

Q Barbeque

Thaijindesu

The Pub

The Wine Loft

Vincent's Italian Ice

Department Stores

JCPenney

Macy’s

Target

Shoes

Bakers

Finish Line

Journey's

Shoe Woo

Entertainment

CinéBistro

Apparel & Accessories

Aéropostale

Caché

Charming Charlie

Chico's

Claire's

dELiA*s

Express

Forever 21

Gymboree

H & M

Hollister

Justice

Lane Bryant

New York & Company

The Limited

Victoria's Secret

Beauty

Anthony Vince Nail Spa

Aveda Animare Salon

Bö Essentials

Bath & Body Works

Also the P-Town center has much shorter buildings. It is really meant for retail in an urban form. Comparing the retail side is not really viable as much of the anchors are left over from the old mall. Compare the apartment/condos as well as office space and schools in terms of square feet as well as numbers of corporations. The Peninsula town center is more of an urban mall for suburbanites but also containing a bit of housing/office.

Its like comparing an apple pie and a birthday cake, the former has more apples but the latter is what you really want overall.

Also, the Peninsula Town center form is what we will probably get for the Pembroke midtown area, right now we are building up the CDB, which is a much greater anchor for a downtown.

Edited by ronsmytheiii

Also, the Peninsula Town center form is what we will probably get for the Pembroke midtown area, right now we are building up the CDB, which is a much greater anchor for a downtown.

Are you talking about the Central Village District?

If so, I'd like this type of development there.. minus the surface parking lots and plus parking decks.

If so, I'd like this type of development there.. minus the surface parking lots and plus parking decks.

I agree with all the above, although I would like a Carry town atmosphere going on (there are hundreds of unique restaurants there, how did they do that?!)

It is really sad how Hampton gets 50 new retailers out of state and region and Virginia Beach Town center has stalled their phase IV project til March. And It looks like Noone wants to move into Town Center for their shops.. I hear places are closing down, probably taking their business elsewhere to the lovely Hampton Town Center.. Virginia Beach Town Center lacks alot.. They have the eye sore Mall they should have torn down instead of revonating it and making it even more a eye sore and such. Look at the Columbus Village with the Regal.. They could rebuilt that into a highly mixed use development with a state of the art Cinema, grand fountain with statues, trees and plants/grass.. but no they are letting Hampton Win the game.. Yes Virginia Beach has the tallest building but they are not doing much.. only 2 towers currently and all they do is delay the project.. If we were such in a recession there wouldnt be 50 new stores opening up in Hampton for March 11th.. and none of the stores/restraunts even exist in the modern Town Center of va beach.. PF Changs and CheeseCake factory are the only busy restraunts at vbtc.. thats sad

Yes, but Hampton Town Center is financed and run by big money New York City real estate and developer types. I don't see Armadda on the level yet.

There is a parking deck at Town Center (Hampton) and at least two more planned which should wipe out most of the parking surface lots. There are still phases that have not built out yet that will encompass the surface lots making it more urban.

Edited by urbanfan

• 1 month later...

Thanks for pointing that out Urbanfan -- PTC is a phased development just the same, but the first phase is the main event. After this, I've read around a bit and from what I have heard Hampton is planning on crafting a grid streetplan in Coliseum Central, especially the shopping centers to the north and east of PTC. But they're planning WAY far ahead in that regard.

Thanks for pointing that out Urbanfan -- PTC is a phased development just the same, but the first phase is the main event. After this, I've read around a bit and from what I have heard Hampton is planning on crafting a grid streetplan in Coliseum Central, especially the shopping centers to the north and east of PTC. But they're planning WAY far ahead in that regard.

Whoa, where did you come from? Long time no see. :)

HHgregg opened today in the old Linens and Things site on VB Blvd. It will be interesting to see if they price competitively with Best Buy on electronics.

I went in there Saturday on there "soft opening". The grand opening is Thursday. It's a totally wide open floor plan with the cash registers in a middle circle in the store. The floor has washers/dryers, digital camera and access., kitchen app., etc. The wall of the store are displays of Home Theater systems, kitchen displays, a Serta matress section. They definitely work on commission there and you can haggle the price a bit, but they guarantee the lowest prices. On my first look through, they seem to have a good amount of high end stuff like Bose, Polk, and Klipsch for speakers.

Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches has leased first- floor retail space in Two Columbus Center. I bet this had to do with the relocation of the Art Institute into that building.

http://hamptonroads....ing-town-center

Awesome news! I get Jimmy John's so much up here at U of I and it's going to great having one so close to home.

Yeah, guess they have a lot of faith in Hampton Roads' urban districts.

Don't forget that Downtown is supposed to be getting a Jimmy John's tooo on Granby.

Jimmy Johns really banks on the bar community, if you notice that both locations are within reach of multiple bars (TC has Gordon Biersch, Red Star, and Keagans while downtown has numerous ones) In Blacksburg there is one right below a bar, with bars surrounding. Irresistable when you have had a few brewskies (Now we need a brickhouse Pizza or Gumby's!)

Edited by ronsmytheiii

It has been a long time, Vdogg et al! School's kept me nauseatingly busy. Graduation two months from yesterday, though! :)

And yea, I stopped by PTC on the 13th -- it's pretty interesting. Sort of a hybrid of Short Pump and City Center Oyster Point. The Forever 21 is the first in the area to feature a men's section (the store, for men and women, is a sight in and of itself; it opens up to both sides of the block and is enormous and design-wise quite chic). The H+M is also a pretty interesting store (divided into "rooms," all very high-end design, and features H+M kids, which is sort of a weird concept, but I guess people like it). The main restaurant on the little square by Barnes and Noble, Benzi's is apparently quite nice as well. A few of my friends work there at the moment and love it. Check it out!!

It has been a long time, Vdogg et al! School's kept me nauseatingly busy. Graduation two months from yesterday, though! smile.gif

And yea, I stopped by PTC on the 13th -- it's pretty interesting. Sort of a hybrid of Short Pump and City Center Oyster Point. The Forever 21 is the first in the area to feature a men's section (the store, for men and women, is a sight in and of itself; it opens up to both sides of the block and is enormous and design-wise quite chic). The H+M is also a pretty interesting store (divided into "rooms," all very high-end design, and features H+M kids, which is sort of a weird concept, but I guess people like it). The main restaurant on the little square by Barnes and Noble, Benzi's is apparently quite nice as well. A few of my friends work there at the moment and love it. Check it out!!

I should be going to the Peninsula this weekend, I'll be sure to take pictures.

• 4 months later...