Virginia Beach Stores, Retail, and Restaurants

vdogg

ok, i checked out Carrabbas. its not great. decent, but i wouldnt expect much more from a chain. the food is fresh, but not something to run home to tell your mother about. the atmosphere is........um.....ok, but with similarities of Outback(same owner). serive was great because we just so happened to know the bartender and he was up our azz trying to empress us. they arent open for lunch. i give it a 6 of of 10. i probably wont go back. i just cant get into chain restaraunts. i dont know what it is. i guess its the navy crowd that repulses me.

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of guynvb

"Quite a few new stores will open between March and May next year. This will include Brooks Brothers, Sun Glass Hut, Origins, Vie de France, Johnny Rockets etc. We have some exciting retail activity that is in the works that I am not able to talk about yet, but hopefully in the near future." -Gerald Divaris.

Nice to hear about Johnny rockets, I love them. :) Also, we've been speculating on Vie de France for quite sometime. Nice to finally get a confirmation.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I am posting pictures of a 7-11 (stop laughing :lol: ) but anyway here goes. I posted it because I like the architectual detail. This store (probably the Beach's 2k?) has great curb appeal and an urban flair. It's sign is built on a brick base, the store has somewhat lush landscaping (including brick sidewalks), crown molding all around the store and some great brickwork on the side. The store is located behind Kripsy Kreme on the other side of the street. These pics were taken in a great hurry since rush hour traffic was everywhere.

DSC02587.jpg

DSC02588.jpg

DSC02589.jpg

Edited by guynvb

Hmm, is 7-11 getting ready for City Walk or something. If I'm thinking of the right street, then there is not much over there but some industrial and a trailer park. I mean...that is a side street. Is that Columbus?

Yes, that would be Columbus. I was thinking the same thing in regards to them getting ready for City Walk. And then there is the old FX building that is also supposed to be torn down and made way for another project at some point. And the trailer court, I wonder how long that will stay around since new development is going up all around it.

• 3 weeks later...

Why not add in the Whole Foods store... err, the specialty grocer at City Walk!

And the winner is...

Is it really that hard to land Whole Foods? There's Overpriced Teeter, the fancy Farm Fresh on Great Neck at First Colonial, Fresh Market, and soon to be GW Market. Charlottesville with 100,000 metro pop has a Whole Foods. And half of them can't afford steping foot in it. You'd think that the Southside has at least 50,000 people with a household income over $100,000. This is ridiculous.

So it finally officially leaked out eh? lol. But looking at the rendering is misleading. Looking at the red dot in the rendering might lead most to believe the store would be located right where that new strip center opened (the old Pizza Hut) but from what I understand they are looking at the old Kroger/Hannaford store or perhaps they are even looking to be included with the City Walk development. The old Kroger and HQ sites have different owners and from what I recall the Kroger site had no interest in being apart of the City Walk development.

wholefoodsmap.gif

Edited by guynvb