vdogg

Virginia Beach Stores, Retail, and Restaurants

Latitude Climbing announced last week that they would open an additional location at Pembroke Mall next summer.  No offical location yet but the former Jason’s Deli location would make the most sense (kind of looks like it in the picture too). 

FD4D1752-3C97-4F85-9479-16EA49F3AAF3.jpeg.750ded40645cc0a47c2f3c61d65fc9d6.jpeg9443E382-6448-44AD-858F-ACF0E645F855.thumb.jpeg.706e754e4e66148e787389ce40c535de.jpeg

• Like 1

The Farm Fresh by my house has emptied all their shelves. They're closing for good in a few weeks. I'm especially mad that I missed the 35% off beer day...:angry: This was the only Farm Fresh that was saved in Virginia Beach.

:cry:

MVIMG_20190807_173655.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, vdogg said:

The Farm Fresh by my house has emptied all their shelves. They're closing for good in a few weeks. I'm especially mad that I missed the 35% off beer day...:angry: This was the only Farm Fresh that was saved in Virginia Beach.

:cry:

MVIMG_20190807_173655.jpg

Was this Diamond Springs or Chimney Hill? I heard some rumors that Chimney Hill was closing. 

7 hours ago, 23320 said:

Was this Diamond Springs or Chimney Hill? I heard some rumors that Chimney Hill was closing. 

Chimney Hill.

Does anybody know what is being built next to Top Golf?  It's across the parking lot and the banner on the side reads Lane.  Have only see from 264 side.

Lane construction bus the contractor assigned to the 264 interchange and witchduck Rd project for VDOT. Part of the project is to build an overpass across the highway connecting Greenwich Rd and Cleveland St. It's right next to top golf. 

• Like 2

Beach Vodka is seeking approval for a distillery at the former Purple Cow/Planet Pizza/Americana Roadside Grill/you get the point.  This space has failed repeatedly as a restaurant so hopefully something different will succeed.  Never had it but seems like they have a strong following.

F1499357-0704-4847-8CFE-CAEB7B2534D0.thumb.jpeg.521fe5e1c73950493403a30e443f6f2e.jpeg

Here’s a crude rendering they shared about a month ago.

6082D994-556F-4826-A0FD-C698B3355DED.thumb.jpeg.ba40e4b693aacd910d7c484ec34f1741.jpeg

APEX, an indoor amusement park of sorts, is taking over the old Dick's Sporting Goods at Town Center. Amenities include a go-kart track, arcade, bowling alley, and corporate meeting space. 

https://www.pilotonline.com/entertainment/vp-bz-town-center-apex-20191030-4d7bqbxz3nh7vg2tevg3skfko4-story.html

IMO, this is an excellent addition to Town Center, esp. if they do something similar to Dave and Buster's and stay open later, say midnight.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, BFG said:

APEX, an indoor amusement park of sorts, is taking over the old Dick's Sporting Goods at Town Center. Amenities include a go-kart track, arcade, bowling alley, and corporate meeting space. 

https://www.pilotonline.com/entertainment/vp-bz-town-center-apex-20191030-4d7bqbxz3nh7vg2tevg3skfko4-story.html

IMO, this is an excellent addition to Town Center, esp. if they do something similar to Dave and Buster's and stay open later, say midnight.

This is fantastic news! The venue will bring an entirely different type of customer to Town Center which will help existing tenants as well.  

Related to experiential retail, Surge in former Sports Authority space in Lynnhaven has opened. Offers far more than any other trampoline park in the area. 

• Like 2

I walked in Pembroke Mail recently. A lot of "filler" type and empty storefronts. I'm hoping  that management is working on something big that includes mixed use development.

Edited by urbanvb
  • Like 1

ROX, a new "luxury style" of bus, plans to offer trips from the Westin to DC, starting in May.

So it's a chartered bus service, basically? One that only goes to two places, very creative Mr. McWaters. I'm sorry but this just sounds like the city just wasted my money to help former Senator McWaters provide a "neat experience". 

What's next, a "luxury style" long car service that drops you off in Times Square? It's kind of like a limousine service, only you provide boba tea and back rubs. 

Edited by Willy18