City View Phase 3 (Under Construction)

vdogg

• 2 weeks later...

There are actually 2 pile drivers on site now, one in the front of the property and one in the back. It appears that they may plan on building the entire development in one go instead of phases. This makes sense considering the significant delays this project has faced over the years.

Foundation work is proceeding along the entire site with the first building going vertical. I have changed the name of this thread to reflect the fact that all buildings are being constructed at once. I will be merging all other City View conversation into this thread later. On a side note, the fact that this project is well into construction and I have absolutely NO clue what the final product will look like is ridiculous. The planning process needs to be far more transparent than this. That one water color rendering of 2 Constitution is not going to cut it. The project has obviously been significantly updated and we should be allowed access to what that entails.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Finally! I’m happy they will still have some ground floor retail/office space. It will be interesting to see if they still intend to build a future hotel now that Hampton Inn (hopefully) comes to fruition.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/Two-Constitution-Dr-Virginia-Beach-VA/15420617/

Just now, urbanvb said:

Edited by urbanvb

On 8/14/2020 at 7:46 PM, urbanvb said:

Finally! I’m happy they will still have some ground floor retail/office space. It will be interesting to see if they still intend to build a future hotel now that Hampton Inn (hopefully) comes to fruition.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/Two-Constitution-Dr-Virginia-Beach-VA/15420617/

There is a steel building being erected right next to this one in the spot where the hotel is planned, so it appears that it is already under construction.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is what it looks like from behind (closest side to VB Blvd), with the "Planned Hotel" in view.  Unless it's been updated, it's interesting that there is supposed to be that parking area and another building right up along the tall treeline.  Hope they leave room for that promised Thalia Creek Greenway that's supposed to go on the other side of those trees.

20210116_163643.jpg

20200131-TCGW Phasing Concept.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I walked by today. It was a beautiful day to check out construction. Lots of activity for sure. I noticed several construction workers taking the pedestrian bridge to Midtown Apartments. Perhaps they are living there while construction is ongoing.

IMG_20210311_112840.jpg

IMG_20210311_112642.jpg

IMG_20210311_112606.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...