City View Phase 3 (Under Construction)

vdogg

It worked for me after downloading for a few minutes. Have patience.

I have patience but i have a fast computer as well. It downloaded but didn't come up. I have a AMD 4200 dual core processor and a A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard from ASUS! Takes seconds to download

I forgot to download freakn Adobe!

The main building of phase B looks to be the tallest and the best contender at 15 stories. What makes you say that none of these building will reach that? They haven't firmly set the heights for each building yet.

This is true, phase B is still in design phase. That building will be at least 10 stories high but it'll likely be the only one to reach that height. Still gives a nice urban feel though. I'm really eyeing the property next to days in and the strip center area around Circuit City for buildings that height anyway. Oh hell, just tear down the Days inn while we're at it too. :D

Amazing to see all those trees come down. It is cool though to see they saved some of them. Having some mature trees on the property will give it some sense of place. Here is the developer's website. They are supposed to have a dedicated website for CityView but I guess it is still not ready yet. Vdogg, maybe you could take a few snapshots of the power point presentation and post for us. :blush:

Amazing to see all those trees come down. It is cool though to see they saved some of them. Having some mature trees on the property will give it some sense of place. Here is the developer's website. They are supposed to have a dedicated website for CityView but I guess it is still not ready yet. Vdogg, maybe you could take a few snapshots of the power point presentation and post for us. :blush:

I'll see if it is a file type that can be uploaded and try to put it here. Don't think those trees are saved yet, some of them are coming down in a later phase. :lol:

That wouldn't make since to knock down the trees unless they think its a done deal.

Perhaps some clarification is in order. This has been a done deal since city council voted on it last year. The only thing the meeting is for is to hear citizen concerns, most likely about noise etc during the construction process, and to see about ways to mitigate the environmental impact of the project. The project has already been approved though so them doing site prep work and starting contruction (as they indicated they would be doing this summer) is really no problem. I have a feeling that the meetings really pertain to phase B, which is technically still in the design phase.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an excerpt from an article I just posted in the off-topic thread which deals with a possible greenway plan through town center.

Another hurdle is the cost of extending Constitution Drive over Thalia Creek. The project is on Virginia Beach's list of capital projects that have no funding in place.

Ron Ripley, the builder behind a development under construction on Bonney Road, has planned to build the last bit of roadway to connect Constitution to Bonney.

The city estimates the Constitution Drive project will cost about $15.8 million and has said it would pay about $12 million, with Ripley paying the rest.

Ripley, though, thinks the construction costs will be far less - between $7 million and $8 million.

Ripley, a principal in Ripley Heatwole Co. in Virginia Beach, said he will give the city one more year to fund the Constitution Drive extension. If the city can't find the money, he said, he will build a pedestrian bridge over Thalia Creek on his own to help create a link between the creek and Town Center.

story

Doesn't the City estimate that it is $20 million in the black? I know the wish list is growing with the Convention Center and TPC, but Constitution should supercede TPC. Constitution is vital in not only connecting TC and City View but in eventually relieving traffic on Independence once the 264 overpass is built.

You are correct hobo. This should be a priority to linking TC with Bonney to provide another outlet out of the Pembroke CBD. Anything to avert traffic off Indy can only be an improvement.

That might be a problem with no state help and the city knows this. We can't wait for the state though and this puts the city between a rock and a hard place.