City View Phase 3 (Under Construction)

vdogg

Can't wait till this is started. I forgot when is the groundbreaking on this project?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: I put "Breaks ground Summer of 06' at the top of the post". I wish it wasn't so far away but it gives us something to look forward to next year. I'm currently in the process of trying to find out when they will have a website up, etc.

:lol: I put "Breaks ground Summer of 06' at the top of the post". I wish it wasn't so far away but it gives us something to look forward to next year. I'm currently in the process of trying to find out when they will have a website up, etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you need some help on that just let me know. I have an info packet which included the name and phone number of one of the developers.

Honestly, I think this project excites me more than almost any other (except the 30-40 story building that is rumored). Something about the architecture is quite unique and stunning and it isn't just an obnoxious high-rise for the sake of being a high-rise. Mid-rise and one high-rise-ish building, but all well done and will compliment TC very nicely.

Honestly, I think this project excites me more than almost any other (except the 30-40 story building that is rumored).  Something about the architecture is quite unique and stunning and it isn't just an obnoxious high-rise for the sake of being a high-rise.  Mid-rise and one high-rise-ish building, but all well done and will compliment TC very nicely.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. Quite honestly it is the most urban looking project to come out of Va. Beachs recent development spree as well, I think that's what excites me the most.

I too am excited about this project. This is kind of like a gateway to the urban core as driving down Bonney toward the CBD. The urban development will spill over the creek onto the other side (Bonney) thereby extending the core outwards which is a really cool thing. This will really anchor and hopefully begin to urbanize the southeast part of the city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Change the font size and make it bold cause its so easy to pass right by it dude! :thumbsup:

So the city dropped the whole idea of putting the new overpass from Bendix to Edwin Dr, over I-264 so that it wouldn't screw up this project right?

I still think that would be a good thing to have in place eventually. Would make this development something more than a cul de sac development, and it would connect the whole Trashmore area to the town center. Always good to have more routes in and out. Not to mention allows TC development to get to the other side of 264. I hope they pick that issue back up eventually. But also hope it doesn't mess this development up either. It looks real nice.

Realizing that traffic is increasing in the TC area, the city did purchase some land very close to the proposed City View project so that one day they could connect to I264. They realize that one day that area will need more than just one outlet but as of now they don't have plans to improve the access.

Edited by guynvb

Realizing that traffic is increasing in the TC area the city did purchase some land very close to the proposed City View project to way day connect to I264. They realize one day that area will need more than just one outlet but as of now they don't have even plans to improve the access.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that they couldn't get the money and the city budget had other things more important at this time. I think money was the key that it didn't get approved.

I think that they couldn't get the money and the city budget had other things more important at this time. I think money was the key that it didn't get approved.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I forget what happened but I do know that it was pootponed for the time being. The idea itself has not been abandoned however, they will pursue the option at a later date.

I forget what happened but I do know that it was pootponed for the time being. The idea itself has not been abandoned however, they will pursue the option at a later date.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the state didn't want to give them the money and this was the same time that the BRT was voted on and approved and I think thats where the money went to.

VB has always had lots of grandiose road plans. There was the parallel to the Blvd. Because of foundation problems at an earthen dam in what is now Old Donation Estates, all that's left is a bunch of dead-end streets like Cavalier Dr, Old Donation Parkway, Inlynnview, Kings Grant, and Pembroke Blvd. There's the original southern VB freeway: Ferrell Pkwy. Constitution was also supposed to cut through Columbus Station across 264 and connect to Edwin. None of these have come to fruition. Have fun waiting for the 264 flyover.

Last week I spoke with the director of development at Ripley Heatwole, the developers of the Cityview project. She was kind enough to take a few moments to talk with me about the project and today she sent an email that I will share with you. I also have other information (not with me currently) on this project that I will post possibly later tonight. This is from the email:

"As discussed, our site plan for Site A of CityView will be submitted in the next week. This plan is for the construction of 200 apartment units with a parking garage structure, pool and outdoor barbeque terrace and walking trails. Site B's concept plan currently includes 45-100,000 s.f. of office, 120-210 apartment units over approximately 10,000 s.f. of retail and the development of condo units--number of units in planning stages. I should have an update available at in a couple of months."

Site B's concept plan currently includes 45-100,000 s.f. of office, 120-210 apartment units over approximately 10,000 s.f. of retail and the development of condo units--number of units in planning stages. I should have an update available at in a couple of months."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's gonna be a large building. :o Probably the biggest one pictured in the renderings.

"As discussed, our site plan for Site A of CityView will be submitted in the next week. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very cool. We should see some updated renderings in the next couple of weeks then. I hope they don't change too much from the original style. Keeping brick in the design is an absolute must. I hope they don't go through the same fate as the Cosmo. The cosmo started off really nice looking and I think it had brick in its original design, then they went all CMSS on it and whitewashed the damn thing. :lol: