City View Phase 3 (Under Construction)

vdogg

Very cool. We should see some updated renderings in the next couple of weeks then. I hope they don't  change too much from the original style. Keeping brick in the design is an absolute must. I hope they don't go through the same fate as the Cosmo. The cosmo started off really nice looking and I think it had brick in its original design, then they went all CMSS on it and whitewashed the damn thing.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl: Really guys I think the cosmo looks good! Its almost complete and I sat there and actually have to say I like it. I wish that it made it to the 20 story range but oh well it still looks nice! :thumbsup:

The CityView plans are very much conceptual at this point but the demand has been strong I was told. People are even calling from out of the area getting information on this project to possibly live here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good maybe Vabeach can land a future F-500 company. I'm hoping that the new office tower will be a new company to the area! I hope that we will at least have around 8-10 F500 companies one day and maybe a F100 company too. I know it sounds far fetched but its a good dream! :thumbsup::whistling:

In addition to what I stated earlier today:

The developers are also working with the city trying to expedite extending Constitution over to Bonney Road. If this does not happen by construction time the developer will build a pedestrian bridge thereby linking this community with the CBD. In addition, CityView will link up with the trail system that is being built around the CBD area. And finally, the developers are working with an arborist to further enhance the beauty of Thalia Creek as to make it more of a focal point of the community.

Good stuff here no doubt! I think they are doing a great job.

Edited by guynvb

The developers are also working with the city trying to expedite extending Constitution over to Bonney Road. If this does not happen by construction time the developer will build a pedestrian bridge thereby linking this community with the CBD. In addition, CityView will link up with the trail system that is being built around the CBD area. And finally, the developers are working with an arborist to further enhance the beauty of Thalia Creek as to make it more of a focal point of the community.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why doesn't Constitution connect to Bonney? Was it money, environmental concerns, or Columbus Station developers not wanting the complex to be a cut-through option?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great to hear they want to do something with that piece of useless swamp land Thalia Creek. That would make a perfect park like area for the whole downtown. I was hoping to see something done with that area when I use to live there.

Great to hear they want to do something with that piece of useless swamp land Thalia Creek.  That would make a perfect park like area for the whole downtown.  I was hoping to see something done with that area when I use to live there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aren't there certain laws, such as no development within 100 ft of a tidal wetland? They can't alter it except to plant native vegetation and keep the grasses trimmed. Activities within the wetland must be passive. Granted it will look nicer than what it is now, but nothing amazing will come from it.

Here are a couple more links to some sites for CityView.

link 1

link 2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That 2nd link was a great find! This is a great looking project but it looks as though our height will be invested in phases II and III. I love how they try to play up the view though :lol: "202 quality residential apartment homes in two, four story buildings and one, five story. The residents will enjoy vista views of Thalia Creek and The Town Center". The most these people will probably see is the tops of trees at that height. :rofl: I'd still live there in a heart beat though.

I don't believe so Vdogg. I was told Phase I would be next spring and then in 2007 would begin the next phase.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ouch, well that should be getting under way just about the time they're ready to begin City Walk. This will be round 2 of the construction boom in our area. :)

From the second link:  "Also, it will offer easy access to any future rapid transit initiative that utilizes the Norfolk & Southern right of way."

is this to mean they're reconsidering some sort of rail mass transit for vabeach?  that would be nifty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think they're just planning ahead and anknowledging the possibility of future mass transit along that line. I wouldn't read too much into it, it's just prudent planning.

• 4 months later...

Last week I spoke with the director of development at Ripley Heatwole, the developers of the Cityview project. She was kind enough to take a few moments to talk with me about the project and today she sent an email that I will share with you. I also have other information (not with me currently) on this project that I will post possibly later tonight. This is from the email:

"As discussed, our site plan for Site A of CityView will be submitted in the next week. This plan is for the construction of 200 apartment units with a parking garage structure, pool and outdoor barbeque terrace and walking trails. Site B's concept plan currently includes 45-100,000 s.f. of office, 120-210 apartment units over approximately 10,000 s.f. of retail and the development of condo units--number of units in planning stages. I should have an update available at in a couple of months."

Any updates on this? We're getting close to press time on this so i'm wondering if there is any new info, websites or details.

I received a response to my email:

Thank you for your interest in our CityView development. We are just now wrapping up our final design for Site A which will consist of 196 rental dwellings as shown on the information that you have. We are very excited about the plan because the unit floor plans are custom designed like none other in our marketplace. Construction should begin in approximately 60 days. (:yahoo:) New elevations should be available in about 30 days.

Its funny that you checked the website because we are currently developing a website just for the CityView development. I expect it will be operational in 60-90 days.

Regarding Site B, we are still going through various iterations of plans. The uses will be very much in keeping with the plan that you currently have. They include condo, office, retail and rental. We are currently working with a Class A office development team and expect to start development of Site B in 2007. There is still much to be done and I unfortunately do not have new plans to share with you right now but should have something in the near future.