City View Phase 3 (Under Construction)

vdogg

They could appropriate part of the funds from the windfall and then hopefully next year make up the difference. Just an idea..

Thats not really a good practice. I just can't believe the state promised that money and is not going to deliver now. This has really dropped my faith, which was already low to begin with, in the state. I don't buy the justification of the state funding for the Richmond convention center over the beach's. Bunch of freakn crap. The state should step up for this project and help with the road project. I'm not holding my breath though. :blink:

Thats not really a good practice. I just can't believe the state promised that money and is not going to deliver now. This has really dropped my faith, which was already low to begin with, in the state. I don't buy the justification of the state funding for the Richmond convention center over the beach's. Bunch of freakn crap. The state should step up for this project and help with the road project. I'm not holding my breath though. :blink:

When did the state promise the money? Did the Assembly and Governor inunison say that they were going to include the money in the budget? The fact remains that VB assumes that the state would help fund the CC because they helped fund the one in Richmond. It was arrogant for VB officials to assume so and wrong for the state to support one CC in favor of another.

VB should try to connect Constitution on its own as it should be able to fund it. It should seek state funds for the flyover, however. And continue to press for the SE Parkway. Those will cost much more.

When did the state promise the money? Did the Assembly and Governor inunison say that they were going to include the money in the budget? The fact remains that VB assumes that the state would help fund the CC because they helped fund the one in Richmond. It was arrogant for VB officials to assume so and wrong for the state to support one CC in favor of another.

VB should try to connect Constitution on its own as it should be able to fund it. It should seek state funds for the flyover, however. And continue to press for the SE Parkway. Those will cost much more.

Actually I read somewhere that the state actually agreed to do it. I don't know if it was in actually writing though. Thats going to be hard to find out what the truth is. I don't think we will see any state funds for this either for connection or the fly over.

• 2 weeks later...

I have pictures on film of them tearing down the trees where the town center is.....it was kind of weird to watch, seeing that I grew up with those trees filling that area........oh well, time for a new VB to show off.

I worked as an Intern at Paine Webber in Columbus building and can remember everything around it being trees. I remember when Barnes and Noble and Bed Bath and Beyond were going up and when the backside of the columbus center building was just trees except for some well kept grass just around the building where all the smokers could go walk around. It is sad on one hand to see what small piece of forest that was left in northern Va Beach come down, but on the other hand the city is now building upwards in that part of the city rather than building outwards.

Edited by Glassoul

They ought to. According to the developer if the city doesn't extend Constitution by the time construction is complete they intend to build a ped bridge instead. The downside is the 2 or 3 of the condo units at Columbus Station will needed to be acquired and torn down to make room for the road, so I heard awhile back.

• 1 month later...