City View Phase 3 (Under Construction)

vdogg

Thank you for your interest in our CityView development. We are just now wrapping up our final design for Site A which will consist of 196 rental dwellings as shown on the information that you have. We are very excited about the plan because the unit floor plans are custom designed like none other in our marketplace. Construction should begin in approximately 60 days. (:yahoo:) New elevations should be available in about 30 days.

Its funny that you checked the website because we are currently developing a website just for the CityView development. I expect it will be operational in 60-90 days.

We are getting extremely close to both of these target dates, with perhaps construction starting on or around april 9th. Any new news to report?

I was just thinking about the same thing. I checked their website but I don't see any changes so as of now the new website is not up. I haven't been by the site lately but today I may get a chance to go by and will let you know if I see anything going on.

I went by the City View site tonight and although it was pretty dark I couldn't make out any changes nor see any machinery so I guess construction has still not begun.

Well, it's gonna be extremely obvious when they start cause the first thing they have to do is chop down all those trees. I'll keep my eye out for any mass deforestation occuring in that area. :lol: I'm getting anxious now

cause we're really close.

• 1 month later...

I spoke with the developer this week and they are currently trying to get good sitework pricing in. He said that everyone was so busy around here, he's having a horrible time getting numbers in. The site package should be awarded in the next couple weeks and then they'll be bidding out the building trades. So look for the groundbreaking for Phase I to begin in the next month or so.

It will be nice to have somemore construction to take pics of

It'll be nice to have the first one of the 2nd round of beach projects under construction too. I've been waiting quite impatiently. This is very good news. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I inquired as to when the CityView website might be available and just received an email that it won't be ready until several more months.

:( Well, we can't expect all good news I guess. I care far less about the website than I do construction however

and that will be starting far sooner. :)

I wrote an email to get some info on City View and here is the reply:

Phase I of CityView, otherwise known as Midtown @ CityView, will feature 196 urban apartment homes.

The project will consist of two four-story buildings, one five-story building, and a parking garage. Construction is scheduled to commence in the coming weeks, with an estimated date of

completion to occur spring/summer 2008.

CityView Phase II will be a mixed use development which is currently in the design phase.

Construction is planned to begin in 2007.

I wrote an email to get some info on City View and here is the reply:

Phase I of CityView, otherwise known as Midtown @ CityView, will feature 196 urban apartment homes.

The project will consist of two four-story buildings, one five-story building, and a parking garage. Construction is scheduled to commence in the coming weeks, with an estimated date of

completion to occur spring/summer 2008.

CityView Phase II will be a mixed use development which is currently in the design phase.

Construction is planned to begin in 2007.

Thats killer its going to start phase I soon! Something else to take pics of!

It's been mentioned time and time again that Saks execs have toured and are scouting TC as an expansion site for a Parisian store. Unless Armada Hoffler has a trick up its sleeve there doesn't seem to be any large enough retail space for a department store.

Looking at the site plans for City View, there's a 3-story block labeled Retail E with 205,000 sqft of space. Could this be a department store site possibly for Parisian?

Somehow I can't see a Parisian being built not in the immediate TC area - meaning TC or CityWalk areas. City View will be more of an extension of TC but all the development will be on the Bonney Road side and not vice versa. It would seem Parisian would only be interested in the denser areas where all the foot traffic is.

Somehow I can't see a Parisian being built not in the immediate TC area - meaning TC or CityWalk areas. City View will be more of an extension of TC but all the development will be on the Bonney Road side and not vice versa. It would seem Parisian would only be interested in the denser areas where all the foot traffic is.

I think Parisian would be perfect for City Walk, I agree with you about City View however.

Oops. I meant City Walk. That's the one with the 200,000 sqft retail site. Stupid names are starting to confuse me. TC, TC West, City View, City Walk. Can't they come up with more original names like Pembroke something or Columbus something, or Kellam something.

Now I just realized that I posted this in the City View thread. Man, I was really off yesterday.

Edited by hoobo

4D35620C-663D-4D07-9ADE-F9EDA5BA7F22_or.jpg

Here is one from CityWalk site. To locate the CityView site if you look to the right you will see I264 in yellow letters. Up and to the left of that, about in the 11 o'clock position you will see a large group of trees and this is the future location of CityView. This is Bonney Road. Also, notice the word Columbus Village Entertainment. The tale end of the word Entertainment is Constitution which eventually be extended to Bonney Road which will give easy access to TC.

• 1 month later...

It is an ordinance hearing although I am not too terribly sure exactly what that means. I do know there were 12 provisions that had to be met for approval but am unsure what they consist of. I left a message earlier with the planning dept. so hopefully I will receive a call back.