City View Phase 3 (Under Construction)

vdogg

That is obviously the new rendering. that is why the other was rendering was replaced with this one and the site was updated.. That is the new rendering im afraid

Its distance from the core of downtown, I dont think it would of mattered much if it was 15 stories...I know you guys like tall buildings and all, but this would of just been that odd tall building away from everything else. Heck, even at 9 stories with how flat it is there, this building will still be noticeable, and as long as it addresses the street in an urban fashion, it is still on the right track.

This really isn't all that disconnected. Once the extension is completed, this building will only be a 10 minute walk, if that, from downtown. Also, is it really unreasonable to think that the apartments between the two will be redeveloped in the future?

Plus, what matters at this point is that development in the CBD does not stall. Keep in mind, this is the only project that is alive and well that is bringing urban design to the pembroke area. Pie in the sky buildings are great to dream about but they don't make sound development projects, hence Town Center west, City walk, even Town Center has stalled. I honestly wouldn't even mind if this development went 5 stories as long as it retains it's 0ft setbacks. That's what matters.

First of all sorry to Vdogg... did not mean to up set you with my lack of rendering memory. One thing to remember is that this si just a rendering, we hhavent heard anything official. Could be someone just got lazy or proposed to shorten it but didn't, after all the old renderings are still there.

I actually hope the facade on this building comes out like Washington Heights, simple lines and good materials can do wonders:

03165th-stnicholassw.jpg

edit: Also, remember there was going to be a second building in the 10-15 story phase, so all is not lost!

Sadly I have a feeling this building will look more like Harbor Heights than anything in Washington Heights. At least the bottom floor facade of Harbor heights is nice though. One thing I cannot understand about new developments all over the country is the lack of a nice cornice. I mean, even in the renderings above it looks as generic as possible. I nice cornice on ANY building can really make a difference.

Sadly I have a feeling this building will look more like Harbor Heights than anything in Washington Heights. At least the bottom floor facade of Harbor heights is nice though. One thing I cannot understand about new developments all over the country is the lack of a nice cornice. I mean, even in the renderings above it looks as generic as possible. I nice cornice on ANY building can really make a difference.

maybe they'll put a market on the first floor...haha

Ok, now I'm thoroughly confused. The 15 story rendering is back up right next to the 10 story rendering. Both are labeled "Two Constitution". Perhaps different iterations of the same building, which suggests to me that design is still very much in flux.

post-769-12681801932741_thumb.jpg

Ok, now I'm thoroughly confused. The 15 story rendering is back up right next to the 10 story rendering. Both are labeled "Two Constitution". Perhaps different iterations of the same building, which suggests to me that design is still very much in flux.

From http://www.apartment...town_center.php

The second building, Two Constitution, will be a 10 - 15 story “mixed use” design as dictated by market conditions. The building could contain approximately 15,000 - 75,000 square feet of office/retail space, and 100 - 130 residential units. The top floor will feature a club room, fitness center and outdoor rooftop terrace for the residents. Access to the residential units will be via an elevated pedestrian walkway from the parking garage.

Seams that the only things settled are the club room and fitness center.

Hey it looks like there is only one space available at Cityview II, Check it out!

This was a update from March 12, 2010

• Total Space Available:23,000 SF
  • Rental Rate:$28 /SF/Year
  • Property Type:Retail
  • Property Sub-type:Street Retail
  • Construction Status:Under Construction
  • Building Size:23,000 SF
  • Lot Size:12 AC

Space 1
  • Space Available:23,000 SF
  • Rental Rate:$28 /SF/Year
  • Space Type:Street Retail
  • Lease Type:NNN
  • Date Available:Nov 2011

xy_B7D0387D-49B1-4BC1-8542-57A6FEE3D4A9__.jpg

Wow , I totally missed that Nov 2011 finish date. At least we now have a ballpark idea of when this thing is supposed to be done.

And this is interesting with some good info.

http://www.loopnet.com/Attachments/8/3/F/83FAD176-81AB-4D3E-855F-A7360D4CBCC7.pdf

City View II is an upscale mixed-use urban destination, boasting highly visible retail shops, offi ces and

premier apartments. The project is integrated with the Thalia Creek Greenway, an extensive network of

multipurpose bike and pedestrian paths, providing a unique amenity to project tenants. With breathtaking

views of Virginia Beach’s burgeoning downtown and enviable demographics, City View II off ers

a truly 21st Century business, professional and residential lifestyle opportunity.

Well do you think they could alter the renderings without permission?.. Its obviously divaris whom posted these renderings and the leasing information not loopnet.. So it looks like Loopnet got the info from divaris. Dont you agree?.. look at the picture. I see Black lettering with the company Divaris. its a major leasing company.

Well do you think they could alter the renderings without permission?.. Its obviously divaris whom posted these renderings and the leasing information not loopnet.. So it looks like Loopnet got the info from divaris. Dont you agree?.. look at the picture. I see Black lettering with the company Divaris. its a major leasing company.

Yes, but the information could be old and might not be accurate now. The PDF has the first rendering of the Bonney Road/Constitution Drive building and not either the 15 story rendering or the new rendering of the building.....

I am not slamming the information, just stating to take it with a grain of salt.

Yes, but the information could be old and might not be accurate now. The PDF has the first rendering of the Bonney Road/Constitution Drive building and not either the 15 story rendering or the new rendering of the building.....

I am not slamming the information, just stating to take it with a grain of salt.

I check divaris loopnet regularly. This project was not posted on it before this month.

Also, it appears they're only leasing for building 3 first. Which means this will probably be the first one built. I'm skeptical of the 11/11 completion date however. They really need to start within the next month or so to hit that target.

Also, it appears they're only leasing for building 3 first. Which means this will probably be the first one built. I'm skeptical of the 11/11 completion date however. They really need to start within the next month or so to hit that target.

I would say if the broke ground before June, then they would have a good shot at getting close to the 11/11 date, but they definitely wont be on time to that date. Every month after June, you could easily tack on another 3 months to the finishing date.

Yeah, neither have I. There's really no reason I can think of to go down Bonney Rd.. It'll probably be more convenient once the CDE is complete.

I'm coming home for spring break this weekend and I usually drive on Bonney to get to the Best Buy or to the JCC if the highway's too backed up, so I'll try driving by and give y'all an update.