City View Phase 3 (Under Construction)

vdogg

I finally received a call back. The intent is to demolish the old Days Inn and construct 2 structures but the Chesapeake Bay Foundation requested the owners to design something more 'environmentally friendly'. The new meeting has been rescheduled for July 24th.

I finally received a call back. The intent is to demolish the old Days Inn and construct 2 structures but the Chesapeake Bay Foundation requested the owners to design something more 'environmentally friendly'. The new meeting has been rescheduled for July 24th.

I don't understand what influence does the Chesapeake bay foundation have on a project inland?

So they want the project redesigned is what your saying. These people have had a year to speak up and mere weeks before groundbreaking they come up with this. A redesign is not a simple matter and we will likely now see a very significant delay of this project. You might as well write this one off for the year. <_<

besides, that small bit of wet lands is only good for housing mosquitoes. I would rather see them use that bit of water in a better fashion, I doubt it would do that much harm.

Actually if this project was done back in the early 80's no one would of cared about that small piece of wetland.

Edited by urbanlife

Midtown apartments, or as its now called the "Midtown at City View project", is seeking a portion of financing from VHDA as part of a mixed income housing initiative by city council and the city view developer. 20% of the households in the development must be under $90,000 or 150% of median income. They are trying to get the city to declare a "finding of public purpose" or as they later called it a "public purpose endorsement" which will give the developer permission to seek financing from vhda. The city voted in formal session to put it on the next agenda.

• 3 weeks later...

In my travels tonight I noticed a small bulldozer, about 5 barren tree stumps, and a mound of dirt at bendix road (to become constitution drive extended). I believe this may be first inklings of "progress". I'll wait for some daylight confirmation before I rename this as a progress thread.

The public hearing has been deferred again for another 30 days, Aug. 28 :(

What is the problem here? I'll be upset if this project is held up by some late in the game environmental concerns that they had years to voice an opinion on. <_< The last time I passed by I had seen a couple of trees were cut down and there was a pile of dirt at bendix road. Perhaps they're moving forward anyway. BTW, i'm moving this to the City View thread.

Midtown apartments, or as its now called the "Midtown at City View project", is seeking a portion of financing from VHDA as part of a mixed income housing initiative by city council and the city view developer. 20% of the households in the development must be under $90,000 or 150% of median income. They are trying to get the city to declare a "finding of public purpose" or as they later called it a "public purpose endorsement" which will give the developer permission to seek financing from vhda. The city voted in formal session to put it on the next agenda.

Hey Vdogg,

I'm not sure what public purpose is part of that development. Providing housing for people who make 150% of the median income isn't really "affordable" and I doubt VHDA will shell out dough for that type of standard. I hope the city decides to take a more stringent stance with this developer and gets them to lower the income threshold.

Edited by vaceltic

• 3 weeks later...

Right on Time! :yahoo: While being nosy (I wanted to go see the fire at Town Center :lol: ) I passed by this scene of mass deforestation on Bonney road. There were bulldozers and back hoes everywhere and dust flying into the air. Construction of Phase A is underway, Phase B is slated to start later this year. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera on me so no photos, perhaps someone else can take some pics when they get time today. :whistling:

Haha, I see i'm the only one interested in this project. If urbanvb were in town, he'd be all over this. :lol: This project is important becase it will connect the Bonney road area to town center and give our burgeoning "downtown" a new southern border.

Is that parking deck concealed but something serve as the Phase A courtyard?

Ahh, the sound of crickets has ended. :rofl: I was wondering that myself hoobo and honestly, I don't have a good answer for this one. I'll have to look through the power point presentation again to see if it shows anything about it.

Haha, I see i'm the only one interested in this project. If urbanvb were in town, he'd be all over this. :lol: This project is important becase it will connect the Bonney road area to town center and give our burgeoning "downtown" a new southern border.

MR. Impatience! :rofl: It is important. Its great news. :thumbsup: