Virginia Beach off-topic

vdogg

Well, that's really not the issue. The issue is the 'green line' and keeping with its integrity. If they continue to ignore it (like building twice the recommended density) they will continue to contribute to the sprawlicious nature of the city.

:huh: What would you rather have sand pits or residential housing?

In this case, sandtraps. There is absolutely no benefit to adding yet more residential housing to the transition area. I'm particularly irritated that they overruled the planning commission on this.

Well, that's really not the issue. The issue is the 'green line' and keeping with its integrity. If they continue to ignore it (like building twice the recommended density) they will continue to contribute to the sprawlicious nature of the city.

Thats understandable, but I think the uniqueness of the project makes it a bit different. As long as the council doesn't make this a habbit I still think sprawl will be held to a minimum.

They may be want to make sure we keep growing our population. Lets face it most people don't want to live in high density urban settings. They want the 4 bedroom home sitting on a 1/2 acre of land. I'm really pulled in both directions on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

3 oceanfront parking lots deny entry after midinight

What sense does this make? <_< I am tired of my tax dollars being siphoned off to an oceanfront that I can't use any time I wish. That's 3 more parking lots full of already drunk people let loose on the roads. I wish the city would understand that it would be better for behaviour to not only let people park there after midnight, but leave their car there all night if they feel too intoxicated to drive and catch a cab. Closing the 3 municipal lots early is going to do nothing to improve behaviour, it will only discourage more locals from going to the oceanfront. The rowdy tourists who are by and large the most responsible for this behaviour will still be there. Stop trying to turn the oceanfront into disneyland and come up with a real policy.

3 oceanfront parking lots deny entry after midinight

What sense does this make? <_< I am tired of my tax dollars being siphoned off to an oceanfront that I can't use any time I wish. That's 3 more parking lots full of already drunk people let loose on the roads. I wish the city would understand that it would be better for behaviour to not only let people park there after midnight, but leave their car there all night if they feel too intoxicated to drive and catch a cab. Closing the 3 municipal lots early is going to do nothing to improve behaviour, it will only discourage more locals from going to the oceanfront. The rowdy tourists who are by and large the most responsible for this behaviour will still be there. Stop trying to turn the oceanfront into disneyland and come up with a real policy.

That's the point vdogg. They don't care about the locals. City council is only worrying about appeasing the tourist down there. They see the locals as disruption to that area. That is why so many of us from here head down to OBX. City council will never change this. Maybe they can start some club scenes around the TC for the locals. You can't beat the breeze on a summer night out there while having a few brewskis though.

I don't really go to the bars down at the Oceanfront as a local. I would figure that most of the people who go to those bars are out-of-towners in the problem area. No?

And my fellow teenage bretheren ripe with fake IDs.... <_<

Sigh*. Most of them seem to be out-of-towners yea, but I don't think it makes a difference if I get killed by a drunk driver from Missouri or right here at home... I think the city of VB missed this one.

I don't know how many of you have ever had a run in with our unscrupulous towing companies around here but the last thing these people need is more money.

Beach raises towing fees from $85 to $125

Drivers whose cars are towed for illegal parking will have to pay more to get them back .

The City Council voted 8-3 Tuesday to raise the fee for nonconsensual tows to $125 from $85.

Mayor Meyera Oberndorf and council members Rosemary Wilson and Reba McClanan voted against the increase, calling it excessive.

<_< excessive indeed.

Resort should park shortsighted garage plan :thumbsup:

There's never been a problem that Virginia Beach City Council didn't think it could fix by a quick show of soft hands.

Take Tuesday, for instance.

Concerned about what city honchos euphemistically call "crowding" at the Resort Strip, the council hastily agreed - by consensus, not a formal vote - to approve a plan that will temporarily close the entrances of three Oceanfront parking garages at midnight.

Resort rowdiness solved. Next problem?

This is why the Oceanfront will never grow to the potential that it could be. I think that Vabeach councilmen have their heads up you know where.

A lot of the comments on pilotonline were saying how uncanny a coincidence it is that they will decide to shut down the lots at midnight, and raise the towing fee $40 on the same day. <_< Guess i'm going to trashmore for my 4ht of july.

A lot of the comments on pilotonline were saying how uncanny a coincidence it is that they will decide to shut down the lots at midnight, and raise the towing fee $40 on the same day. <_< Guess i'm going to trashmore for my 4th of july.

I'm going to be in my favorite place :D DT Norfolk for the 4th

• 2 weeks later...