Virginia Beach off-topic

vdogg

For no particular reason today I had a thought about the second Mount Trashmore in Va Beach. Was it ever completed? If so, how is it? I remember one of my friends in college submitted an entry for the naming contest, but I think the city ended up going with a cop-out Mount Trashmore 2 or something. Her entry was Mount Moretrash, which I certainly find more creative and funny.

...right next to Regent University

I can remember them working on it back when I was in 8th grade. Now that I've graduated from high school a full decade this year I can only assume that theyre making too much money to stop accepting trash there. My parents live about a mile away and there are some days where that sweet putrid smell lingers for everyone to enjoy :)

I can remember them working on it back when I was in 8th grade. Now that I've graduated from high school a full decade this year I can only assume that theyre making too much money to stop accepting trash there. My parents live about a mile away and there are some days where that sweet putrid smell lingers for everyone to enjoy :)

I know what you mean. I went to Atlantic Shores private school across the street from it.

I think trashmore 2 is supposed to function as a dump for another 50 years or so, until it gets the park conversion treatment, right? Gonna be a while.

I took pictures from top of it, and posted them a long while back. Dunno where they were posted so, here's a couple again.

DSC01233.JPG

DSC01237.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to my brother the other day and he said that he had heard something about the VB court complex down at Princess Anne possiblt being converted into a University and having the city offices moved elsewhere. Anyone heard or know anythin about this??

This would be awesome to have the entire municipal center moved into Down Town ( :lol: )! Not to mention costly. Well, who knows, but there was mention in another thread about the "College of VB" being on the outside of the AH Tower. Anyone know anything about that?

When TC first opened there was talk of moving the municipal center to TC and using the current area as a college campus; however, the majority of VB citizens got up in arms, justifiably, about the idea. What was the sense in spending for a downtown area if we couldnt find tenants (we could obviously, it just seemed like we couldnt with this idea) and why spend a insane amount on rent and space for a offices that are perfectly fine where they are. City Council got wise and let the matter rest. As far as i know that was the last of it.

RJ,

I post about the "College of VB". Hampton Univ. occupies the floor above the parking garage on the AH tower. This past week I notice they mounted the Hampton Univ. seal and "College of Virginia Beach" on the exterior of thier floor on VB Blvd.

Anyone have a camera?

What exactly is the college of Virginia Beach? I saw the sign, but didn't have my camera. I was confused by it.

Regarding the municipal center, they started takling about moving to TC right after they spent a ton of money on a new building. TC is a mess in regards of traffic already during the day. They better not move :-)

What exactly is the college of Virginia Beach? I saw the sign, but didn't have my camera. I was confused by it.

I just simply think they are naming this campus of Hampton Univ. the College of VB. Just as in any University, they have many colleges with certain concentration- IE- ODU has the Darden College of Education, the Batten College of Arts and Letters, etc, etc.

This is one of HU's colleges. At the Town Center they are offering:

Undergraduate Degree Programs

* Hotel/Resort Management (BS)

* Nursing (BS)

* Nursing (RN to BS)

Graduate Degree Programs (Degree with Certification)

* MA Educational Administration and Supervision

* MA Elementary Education

* MA Special Education Learning and Behavior Disorders

* MA Special Education Serious Emotional Disorders

Non-Degree Programs

* Certification Educational Administration and Supervision

* Certification Elementary Education

* Certification Special Education Learning and Behavior Disorders

* Certification Special Education Serious Emotional Disorders

* Food Service Manager Certification new!

Facility Amenities include:

* Mediated classrooms and labs

* Mediated conference and seminar rooms

* A 100 seat mediated Lecture Hall

* Two instructional computer classrooms

* A comprehensive Information Resource Center including full campus library connectivity and a large open computer lab

* Full campus library connectivity

* Meeting & training facilities for business, government, and community organizations

* Faculty offices with online connectivity to university systems

* 10th story outdoor observation deck ---- OOOOOH. :)

Here's the link-click around: http://www.hamptonu.edu/cofvb/index.htm