Ocean Beach Club Progress

vdogg

• 2 months later...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Out with the Old, In with the new

Developer: Bruce Thompson is building the Ocean Beach Club between 33rd and 35th streets along Atlantic Avenue. The first hotel/condominium building is already open and has about 100 rooms. Plans for the $200 million project call for a four-building complex to be completed by 2010. Future plans call for:

Winter 2006: The Thunderbird Motor Lodge, built in 1959, has been demolished to make way for Phase II of the Ocean Beach Club , a

19-story building with about 100 rooms. Construction will begin soon, and the building will connect to the current Ocean Beach Club. It is scheduled to open in early 2008.

2007: The Diplomat Motor Inn at 33rd Street, built in 1963, will be demolished and construction will start on a 20-story tower with about 100 hotel rooms and 70 condos. The building should open by early 2009.

2008: Construction could begin on the last tower, to be built just north of the Phase II building. The capacity and height won

Two things.

1) So now there's a fourth tower planned? Where will they put it? Is the parking garage getting a building on top of it?

2) Gotta love the naysayers on the 31st St job. Considering that Ocean Beach Club is from the same developer, the City is starting to make back its investment. Can't wait to see more redevelopment at North Beach/Laskin and a taxpayer-free upscale conference hotel next to Pavilion Redux.

1) So now there's a fourth tower planned? Where will they put it? Is the parking garage getting a building on top of it?

The 4th tower will be built just north of the thunderbird lodge, which is the start of phase II

2008:Construction could begin on the last tower, to be built just north of the Phase II building. The capacity and height won

Here's a new rendering of one of the Towers (not sure which one but I don't count anywhere near 19 floors).

OBC.jpg

And here's a map of the relative tower locations

OBC2.jpg

You know, the more I see of this project the more I like but my fear is that the north end will become its own little upscale enclave while the rest of the Oceanfront will remain as is. We really need to get in gear on the 19th street corridor as well as get a plan together to raise the bar on Atlantic and Pacific.

Earlier in this thread someone said the OBC is a Condo development, but judging by the website it is indeed a Hotel for the first building. A hotel makes quite a bit more sense. If there is a building of condos being planned, I would wager $10 it won't be built now. At least not for a good 10 years

I'll email you my paypal account where you can send the funds. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but according to goldkeyphr.com phase 3 ground breaking will be in 2010, with another fourth phase!

http://www.goldkeyphr.com/Gold-Key-PHR-Developments/

Phase III - The next phase will be a hotel/timeshare hybrid with 100 hotel rooms and 70 high-end luxury timeshare units. The building will be 20 stories and 200 feet tall. Gold Key / PHR expects to break ground on this phase in 2010. Phase IV - Be sure to return to this site for more information on the Phases as it comes available. Phase IV will be determined based on the progress of phase III.

Edit: Better version from the front page:

shoppes_lg.jpg

• 2 months later...

Drove by the Ocean Beach club today, there appears to be some kind of barriers around the land to the north. Not sure if it is related to any new construction.

Honestly, I think those have been there for quite some time. I may drive by their again and check though.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

5456218201_f5bd0950dd_b.jpg

5456218591_f8efc7bc26_b.jpg5456827374_a9e568be9c_b.jpg

Phase 3 is underway. :)

At the Strip the other day (dont ask me why, I dont like it during tourist season) There was a Goldkey representative at a booth. I asked her when phase 3 would start construction, she responded NET 18 months.... so next year earliest.

Looks like the schedule got move up quite a bit. Between this and beach centre there is a ton of construction going on in that little area.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived