Jet Blue and Greenville

gs3

Heard some interesting discussion....no facts here, however the sources are credible. A business partner of mine has a brother that works for Jet Blue and was told Jet Blue is looking at Greenville (GSP) as a "focus city" once it receives its order of new regional jets. There is also some discussion about this on the board at www.airliners.net

It is fact that Jet Blue is about to undergo a major expansion as they ordered 100 new regional jets that start delivering in November of this year. It is fact they want to grow in the Southeast and along the East Coast. Additionally, it is fact that GSP has been one of the top stations for Independence, showing that a low cost carrier can do well here. It is fact that Greenville has one of the highest ratios of business traveler vs. tourist in the Southeast. Jet Blue is a low cost carrier with a more upscale feel that targets business travelers.

Don't want to start rumors, so take it at face value, but all in all, it sounds like a real possibility.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard some interesting discussion....no facts here, however the sources are credible.  A business partner of mine has a brother that works for Jet Blue and was told Jet Blue is looking at Greenville (GSP) as a "focus city" once it receives its order of new regional jets.  There is also some discussion about this on the board at www.airliners.net

It is fact that Jet Blue is about to undergo a major expansion as they ordered 100 new regional jets that start delivering in November of this year.  It is fact they want to grow in the Southeast and along the East Coast.  Additionally, it is fact that GSP has been one of the top stations for Independence, showing that a low cost carrier can do well here.  It is fact that Greenville has one of the highest ratios of business traveler vs. tourist in the Southeast.  Jet Blue is a low cost carrier with a more upscale feel that targets business travelers.

Don't want to start rumors, so take it at face value, but all in all, it sounds like a real possibility.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If its true, then that's great news considering the status of Independence Air. :thumbsup:

It is fact that Greenville has one of the highest ratios of business traveler vs. tourist in the Southeast.  Jet Blue is a low cost carrier with a more upscale feel that targets business travelers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that because we have a lot of business travelers or not much tourism? Or a combination of the two? :huh:

Either way, I hope JetBlue includes GSP as one of its expansion airports. There is room for JetBlue whether Independence remains at GSP or not. :)

Is that because we have a lot of business travelers or not much tourism?  Or a combination of the two? :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I get the feeling it's a high on the business traveler side. I fly in and out once a week or more, and most flghts are 70% business travelers. I think it's due to the concentration of regional offices, headquarters, manufacturing facilities, etc. GV is a pro business area.

• 1 year later...

Archived