Foundry Park

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that was my impression as well, though it does appear that there could be some above ground as well, at least judging by the rendering.

How many acres are left after the MWV portion and the Fed Reserve parking deck? I'm wondering because it seems space is becoming more limited for the other things they want to do here, which means subsequent phases may rise taller :)

Seems to me I recall an original Ethyl master plan for the plot which called for three high rises. The tallest one was to be adjacent to the Fed Reserve with two others tierd down as they approached 5th Street (which wasn't there when the master plan was being talked about 15 or twenty years ago).

At one time Ethyl was going to transfer workers from St. Louis and build a tower where the newest extension is now - close to 2nd street. Don't know what happened to that plan.

But, they have plenty of land where the old penetentiary was west of 2nd street. Maybe they have future plans for that tract.

From the rendering it appears that the new MWV building will be next to the Federal reserve. If that building is to be the tallest on the plot of land then we're doomed!!! :shok:

Why r they building so wide in a downtown? <_< I just hate it when people bring suburban developments into an urban area, it's such a waste of land. It's great to have this coming downtown at all but 300,000sq ft can easily translate into a 20-25 story office tower. If they were running out of ideas with what to do with the rest of that land perhaps a small park or plaza would have been nice. It's still early though, and things may as yet change.

Why r they building so wide in a downtown? <_< I just hate it when people bring suburban developments into an urban area, it's such a waste of land. It's great to have this coming downtown at all but 300,000sq ft can easily translate into a 20-25 story office tower. If they were running out of ideas with what to do with the rest of that land perhaps a small park or plaza would have been nice. It's still early though, and things may as yet change.

As I remarked earlier, MWV and PM will anchor the north and south ends of 7th street with similar sized structures. PM with its fortress like ground level looks pretty suburban, IMO. And I'm hoping for design changes with MWV. It doesn't appear to have much pazazz in the rendering.

But 1000 new workers downtown is a big plus. Maybe Dominion will be spurred to speed up its transfer of 1000 workers from Innsbrook to an imaginatively designed tower on the triangle at 8th, 9th, Cary and Canal.

Archived