Foundry Park

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Guys,

Long time reader, first time poster. I live in Atlanta, but went to school at Randolph-Macon College and stayed in Richmond for eight years. Richmond will always be my favorite city. Anyway, I know you guys like pictures and development. me too. Hopefully these have not been posted before.

foundry1kj8.png

foundry2ez3.png

foundry3cs4.png

Greedy developers don't care how their projects impact things, like Short Pump destroyed green space and is now overcrowded and congested. Echo Harbour's greedy developers don't care how their project impacts the surrounding landscape. All they care about is getting paid and developing things irresponsibly. They pave paradise and put up parking lots.

Note the last rendering shows only one new building -- unlike the ground plan (shot #2).

I could do without the minature ancient Alexandria, Egypt light-house look-alike. A nice water feature would be preferrable, IMO -- perhaps cascading down the stair unit to a big classical fountain on the Tredegar Street level. And yes. I notice two other fountains in the roundabouts, but the more water the better!

OR, how about this? Build a lock system connecting from the Haxall Canal under a bridged Tredegar Street, thru the staircase area, then a turning basin and continue west across a bridged 5th Street to the existing canal bed on NewMarket property. Boats could go all the way to Maymont, and if ever the Alcoa property is developed, extend all the way to Great Ship Lock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Icetera pinned and unpinned this topic

Archived