"Symphony Towers"

rosen108

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we have John Portman. I guess Nashville has Tony. Let's hope that Tony leaves his mark much more tastefully than Mr. Portman (Can you say anthills along Peachtree?).

Frankly I'm surprised by this for two reasons. First, it's so soon after the official unveiling of Signature, and it would seem that his and Novare's plate would be filling up pretty fast. Second, my buddy in Nash. expected that the gulch would be his next building. There are some rumors (that's all they are) that if Signature gets going relatively quickly, that he's lining up partners for a fully mixed-use "tallest" (whatever that means) for his site between Church and Charlotte. Apparently, that property in the gulch is where the sky (truly) is the limit to go as high as he wants. Scuttlebutt is even embellished by a purported four level entertainment center across Porter Street from the former 12th and Porter nightclub/restaurant. It would be a part of a multi-tiered parking structure that would rise to a platform above Church Street and serve as the base for a tower (sorry I didn't hear how tall).

So the above rumor is why I was surprised by this latest in the Scene. Don't you just love rumors?

Now, I don't know much about the downtown housing market up there, but I hear that it's hot. So it makes me wonder how soon the critical mass will occur for office development to start again (I know about Suntrust) and perhaps stem the tide that has been moving to Franklin for fifteen years. Maybe Alex Palmer will get his trophies out of the ground before too long.

Next. My buddy has confirmed that the CVB and the mayor's office are coming together on the proposal for the Convention Center expansion. The plan will include a tramway running under Sixth Avenue from the existing center to the new expansion with an underground pedestrian mall at the Gaylord Center. Also, there will be two large tracts set aside for new hotels. More later.

Side Note: My brother's fiancee just decided to Nashville from Dallas, and she's determined to find a home downtown. I guess she's one of thousands. Funny thing is that my brother is in Seattle... so I wonder what that means about their matrimonial prospects.

doorman's clearing his head right now and hopefully using that new bowling ball a lot. I think he'll pop in before too long and I for one hope he's taking notes on all the stuff he's probably hearing so he can share it with us when he comes back online. I miss him too. Doorman, you hearing all this, buddy? We're here waiting for you.

Let's see.

Viridian 305 units

ICON 400 units

Signature Tower 750 units

Sounds proposal 600 units

Symphony Towers 600 units

Wow! Just these five projects add up to 2,655 more residential units downtown. And, of course there are hundreds more in other smallers projects. Also, don't forget the 5 - 22 story towers in the Gulch. I know that the housing market in Nashville is hot. But, can it absorb this tremendous increase in supply in such a short time? I love all this development, and I sincerely am thrilled at the prospects of having so many living there, but I'm afraid that development may be moving too fast. :unsure:

And the newly announced 17-story tower in the Gulch across from the ICON...and moving just a stone's throw away, the 18-story Adelicia, the 10-story West End plus all that other "non-tower" loft/apt./condo development in Midtown/West End. In a few years my living around here all my life just still might find me lost. These upcoming projects will slowly but surely morph this town into something almost unrecognizable.

And what's going on Rolling Mill? Last I heard around 1,700 units by the time it's all said and done. There's a lot of stuff going on up there: drilling, digging, land clearing, infrastructure installations...it's getting to the point where you don't have to squint to see it anymore. It's very evident from the Silliman Evans Bridge now.

And moving too fast? I don't think so. As I passed that loooooonnnnnng line of commuters coming in from Rutherford County this morning about the same time I saw a sign for $3.59 gasoline, downtown might not be moving fast enough. :)

And moving too fast? I don't think so. As I passed that loooooonnnnnng line of commuters coming in from Rutherford County this morning about the same time I saw a sign for $3.59 gasoline, downtown might not be moving fast enough. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point about gas prices. I think this may speed up the move towards more urban living.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, who knows what's next. Employment centers what they are, thirty story condos in Rutherford?

Let's see.

Viridian                                      305 units

ICON                                        400 units

Signature Tower                        750 units

Sounds proposal                        600 units

Symphony Towers                      600 units

Wow!  Just these five projects add up to 2,655 more residential units downtown.  And, of course there are hundreds more in other smallers projects.  Also, don't forget the 5 - 22 story towers in the Gulch.  I know that the housing market in Nashville is hot.  But, can it absorb this tremendous increase in supply in such a short time?  I love all this development, and I sincerely am thrilled at the prospects of having so many living there, but I'm afraid that development may be moving too fast.  :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

5 22 story towers in the gulch. So there were there going to be build????

I know nobody cares, but down here in the forgotten wasteland of Middle Tennessee they anounced a six story luxury condo complex where the units will sell for about 300k. I didn't think I would ever see anything like that in this town. I almost crapped my pants when I read it the the paper. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived