Gas in your city...

NOcityrox

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drove past a Shell station here this morning, and it was $2.52 for regular. This afternoon, I drove past the same station. It was $2.67. If there was adequate mass transit in Huntsville, I'd be using it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It hit $2.99 today, and it's a good price compared to others throughout the city. The stations that did not change their prices yesterday ran out of gas quickly. It was pretty weird, seeing $2.40 in one place and $2.85 across the street.

Tricky situation... the panic caused alot of places to sell out last night with prices about 2.71. THis morning on my way to fsu i saw prices from 3.17 on the east side for regular, and 3.29 west of campus. There alos is alot of places out of reg, or plus. so we are left with 3.45 ish for top grade in tallahassee. I will be getting rid of my 3.8 6cyl soon.

Tricky situation... the panic caused alot of places to sell out last night with prices about 2.71.  THis morning on my way to fsu i saw prices from 3.17 on the east side for regular, and 3.29 west of campus.  There alos is alot of places out of reg, or plus.  so we are left with 3.45 ish for top grade in tallahassee.  I will be getting rid of my 3.8 6cyl soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I paid 2.89 this morning in blichton ga., 10 miles down the road in pooler and savannah it was 3.20, by this afternoon it was 2.98 at the same store as this morning. I have a 40 mile a day comute to work, this keeps up I will be using a lot of sick days in between pay days. I recieved a petition today to petition the white house, a lot of good it will do, but if anyone interested I will email it to you.

I plan to buy a bicycle. No gas needed. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately I'm one of the person who happens to have a vehicle that holds 31 gallons and requires premium fuel. It will cost me $100 dollars to fill up. That sure makes a Honda Insight look really good right about now.  :unsure: 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think statements like these are some of the positive effects of the current pricing situation. It may hurt to pay more at the pump now, but if people start to change habits, the long term result might not be all bad. We need to look at future alternatives to our auto dependence and come up with solutions that benefit everybody.

I went out yesterday and had trouble finding a gas station that wasn't sold out. The first one I could find with gas was selling regular for $3.19. I filled up about 0.2 gallons and it suddently turned off. Then a voice came on and said there was no more gas. I drove around a little and finally found another one selling gas for only $2.89. Good deal nowadays.

Looks like gas prices dropped 20 cents overnight, at least here they did. They're hovering around $3.10 now, but over the weekend it was around $3.30. I think that gas will be under $3 tomorrow.

I hated how, over the weekend, gas stations left their prices up after they ran out of gas. Many of the Exxon stations here left their prices up at $2.89 after they ran out, which was confusing and it was false advertising.

Archived