Norfolk Stores and Retail and Resturants

vdogg

Does anyone know of any good wing joints in downtown? I'm realizing we don't have any Buffalo Wild Wings, applebees, chilies, tgi type restaurants around. I tried gators out yesterday but they were pretty poor for the price.

There is a Chili's in MacArthur. Hell's Kitchen had good wings last time I ate there (which has been a while). I think a Buffalo Wild Wings would do great in the vicinity of Downtown.

AJ Gators wings kill hooters wings. Hooters wings are tiny and aren't that good. Wild wing cafe wings rock!
I went to a wild wing cafe in Athens, GA and those were the best & largest wings I've ever had the good fortune of eating. I was saddened by the size at the one in chesapeake, but they still beat the ones at gators.

Buffalo Wild Wings or Wild Wing Cafe would make fantastic additions somewhere downtown I think as well-

Didn't realize there was a chili's at the mall, will keep that in mind next time I get the wing craving, thanks for the replies guys-

There are lots of wings places out in Chesapeake and VaBeach. Wild Wing Cantina was one but I believe the name changed. The Peanut Butter and Jelly wings are good :-) They had a bunch of other ones like old bay seasoning and Jack Daniels and such.

As others said, hooters at waterside (I think they have all you can eat wing lunch one day) and I guess Chillis in MacCenter although I've never ordered that kind of stuff there.

What the hell is a wing anyways? It doesn't look like a normal wing, and it's so much smaller than a real chicken leg. Is it a baby bird leg or something?

Wednesdays at New Belmont has 35 cent wing night. You can choose from about 7 different flavors. Pretty decent wings too.
Yeah they were about 75 cents each at gators... 35 is far better... I can remember when there was bars with 10 cent wing nights...man I miss those days.

Yeah they were about 75 cents each at gators... 35 is far better... I can remember when there was bars with 10 cent wing nights...man I miss those days.

I like outback's wings. They are pretty good, not your basketball night wings, but still pretty good. They are HUGE....

The corner of Boush and College Place is 388 Boush Condos and Harbor Heights.. Is their ground floor retail available over there?
There's no retail available there that I'm aware of... but Machismo is currently in a garage... so they don't need much space...

Wow! Goodbye Machismo! No love from the neighborhood, but you are alright.

I'd prefer less burrito for less money. Somehow it went from $7ish to $10 for a burrito and soda. Them things are huge.

Anyone know what is up with the Heritage Bank building on Plume Street? (I think it's Plume, possibly 201). It's across from the empty area that is to be the convention center. Next to Dominion.

They are tearing out all the insides.

I still can't think of a place for Machismo to relocate anywhere along Boush St.. They will probably fare much better being closer to the Financial District.. I'm sure no one wanted to walk all the way to Freemason on their lunch break.. Boush St. is much more convenient.. I've actually never been there, not a fan of burrito's for some reason..

I still can't think of a place for Machismo to relocate anywhere along Boush St.. They will probably fare much better being closer to the Financial District.. I'm sure no one wanted to walk all the way to Freemason on their lunch break.. Boush St. is much more convenient.. I've actually never been there, not a fan of burrito's for some reason..

There is retail space available in the bottom of the 3-4 story apartment buildings on the Freemason side of Boush. There is a coffee/pie shop, dentist office, and a few other little things over that way already.

Not "on Boush", but at the corner of Boush and College Place. Entry faces College Place. The site I was told about was formerly a convenience store that closed when The Market opened under HH.

Not "on Boush", but at the corner of Boush and College Place. Entry faces College Place. The site I was told about was formerly a convenience store that closed when The Market opened under HH.

They already have signs up for Machismo there. Its a shame they will loose their trendy historic building but I'll actually probably eat there more often since it's just one block off Granby. Maybe they can stay open a little later and get a beer license.

Anyone know when they are actually moving? This is one of my favorite places to grab a quick bite....great burritos....I'm hungry just thinking about them...

Machismo is fair but I saw them pull their meat from a refrigerator and heat it in the microwave. I don't think they cook their meat there and their corn just comes from a can. I like places that grill their meat like Chipotle, Qdoba and a good local Mexican restaurant. Pelon's Baja (I think its called this) in Ghent by the newly renovated Farm Fresh Market. That place is really good and its a local joint.

Machismo is fair but I saw them pull their meat from a refrigerator and heat it in the microwave. I don't think they cook their meat there and their corn just comes from a can. I like places that grill their meat like Chipotle, Qdoba and a good local Mexican restaurant. Pelon's Baja (I think its called this) in Ghent by the newly renovated Farm Fresh Market. That place is really good and its a local joint.
I also like Chipotle & Qdoba...but unfortunately we don't have one right on brambleton, so I'm fine setting with however Machismo chooses to prepare their foods :)

Everyone is really bent on Chipotle but I gave the VA Beach one a try and realized all their flavor is just an abundance of salt. Plus I ended up spending over $10 without a drink or chips. I'll stick to Machismo, Moes, and Pancheros.