Hartford Meet-Up

MadVlad

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, we aren't getting much of a response, so maybe we'll wait until a few people get on board....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I might be there Columbus Day weekend, Oct 7th--- might do the 5k run. If you want to meet that Saturday. I will also go to Room860 I think that is what it is called that night.

Room960, but you were close.  Not sure what I have going on that weekend, I'm getting kicked out of the house due to my fiancee's Bridal Shower/Bachelorette party.  Might be a good time to do it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL thanks for the correction MadVlad. I think I had the area code in my head. I was there once and it was a cool lounge with a SoBe style for Hartford. Its the first time in Hartford since last Xmas. I used to live there in the early 90's then moved to New Haven for school and decided to move to Miami Beach- been here for the last 7 years.

• 1 month later...

You know, before I discovered this site I thought my friends/family and I were the only people closely (and anxiously) following Hartford's redevelopment. It's refreshing to see so much interest, and it would be great to meet all of you regulars to discuss Hartford and its future.

I'm close by and am in town regularly, so I hope there remains an interest in getting together. Let's not forget about this...

• 2 weeks later...

The meetup never happened. Don't know why I tried, I've attempted to do things like this before, and it's hard to organize everyone in one place at one time....

Keep trying, just set a place and a time and a few people should show. We've had a few in Providence, one last night had 18 people at it including the Director of Planning and The Parks Dept. Director. It was a very fruitful meeting!

if we were to set something up, how many people would be interested in attending?

I definetly would be, as long as I can make it up from LI (I'm in CT often so it shouldn't be much of a problem). So I'll put myself in the "likely to attend" catergory. How about everyone else? Speak now or forever hold your peace! :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Keep trying, just set a place and a time and a few people should show. We've had a few in Providence, one last night had 18 people at it including the Director of Planning and The Parks Dept. Director. It was a very fruitful meeting!

I can't believe you guys haven't had a meeting yet. :shok: Were is HartfordTycoon, CT987, Madvlad and beerbeer on this??????????? You all praise happenings in downtown Hartford, but are you all telling us that your all afraid to meet up in downtown Hartford? Take a chance and things will work out fine. :thumbsup: We've had about four meeting alreay here in Providence and from what I heard there have been about 15 - 20 people attending each meeting. Never a problem. And as you can see from above, you may actually get members from city government to attend. I think Thursday night is a great night to plan a meet, since weekends are probably out, and Mondays are tough. Tuesday & Wednesdays are dull :lol: Find a place downtown where they can accomodate 10 - 12 people in a casual atmosphere where food and drink is served.

I can't believe you guys haven't had a meeting yet. :shok: Were is HartfordTycoon, CT987, Madvlad and beerbeer on this??????????? You all praise happenings in downtown Hartford, but are you all telling us that your all afraid to meet up in downtown Hartford? Take a chance and things will work out fine. :thumbsup: We've had about four meeting alreay here in Providence and from what I heard there have been about 15 - 20 people attending each meeting. Never a problem. And as you can see from above, you may actually get members from city government to attend. I think Thursday night is a great night to plan a meet, since weekends are probably out, and Mondays are tough. Tuesday & Wednesdays are dull :lol: Find a place downtown where they can accomodate 10 - 12 people in a casual atmosphere where food and drink is served.

I'm ready to go on this, but nobody has posted anymore about it.

Well, I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm downtown all the time. I just haven't been with the UP crowd. I'm down for a meet up though. I'm in Hartford 24/7. All you have to do is let me know when and where and I'll try to make it.

We have an expressed interest in meeting at Joe Black bar in downtown. Maybe we can set something up for like a Thursday or Friday? Any ideas or suggestions?

I was thinking June 22 or the 23?

I won't be able to make either of those dates. Let's do this...throw some dates into the pool and get feedback to see which date is best for everyone.

a) June 22

b) June 29

c) July 06

d) July 13

e) July 20

I'd be able to make something in July. July 6th is probably cutting it too close to the 4th, so I'm voting for July 13th. Also, if we give ourselves a couple weeks we can generate more interest.

Archived