Gas Prices Soaring.

Spartan

I"m interested to know what the gas situation is in other parts of our state.

Here in Clemson has started out aroung 2.50 this morning, then at lunch it was at 2$.79, and tonight it was up to $2.99. On top of that we are pretty much out of low grade gasoline. You can get the good stuff, but not the cheap stuff. Its crazy. Almost $1 in a day. :ph34r:

I heard it was $5 down in ATL though, so it could be worse.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that it is $5.00 in some places around the Upstate, but many stations have closed because they have run out of fuel. The amount of traffic waiting at every gas station was incredible this evening! I've never seen it like this, but I have definitely heard stories of gas runs in the past. People are frantic with football games and a holiday this weekend. I know I won't be doing any extra driving anytime soon! :blink:

I heard it was $5 down in ATL though, so it could be worse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

News showed Atlanta gas station with $6.00 gas!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

These are a couple of isolated cases in Gwinnett County. They are clear examples of gouging the consumer. Most gas prices here are in the $2.70-$3.50 range, which isn't much of a difference with many other Southern states. GA gets most of its oil from its port, so Katrina did not have as bg of an impact here as it did in other states. These prices could, however, increase as our gas supply depletes itself over the next 9 days.

I passed numerous stations yesterday afternoon (Thursday) with prices up to and exceeding $3.50. Many were out of regular unleaded and many were not even open any longer. I'm hoping Congressman Bob Inglis's comment last Friday doesn't prove true this soon. He said that gas prices would eventually reach $4. We're not ready for extremes on this level.

Goes from about 3.05 to 3.45 around here.

Yesterday there was a place at 2.77 and I counted 28 cars in the parking lot, it as insane because the gas station is so small. They called cops to direct traffic and they ended up closing it so they could make the prices higher.

It went from 2.77 to 3.09 in 5 minutes.

Maybe this scare will encourage and fuel growth of the public transportation systems across the US, especially in SC!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really hope it does, but these current prices will decline somewhat soon. It will take a sustained blow to the wallet to really get people to change their driving habits permanently.

I know that most people do not really think of these high prices as a positive thing, but if it gets a few people into fuel efficient cars or, better yet, to consider alternative forms of transportation, then some good will have come of it.

Maybe this scare will encourage and fuel growth of the public transportation systems across the US, especially in SC!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I wish there were some alternative transportation. I've got a family BBQ to go to in Charleston this weekend but I am afraid to go because of the gas situation. I checked the train. It takes 8 hours via Raleigh. Not worth it. Even the bus is 8 hours. It shouldn't be that hard to get from Charlotte to Charleston.

I saw $3.39 regular today at a BP on Wade Hampton Blvd. In Greer.

BTW, yall see the article on Spinx in The Greenville NEws Today.

All 65 Spinx Gas Staitons for next two weeks are pegged at $3.19 a gallon for all grades and they will run on a zero profit margin with all profits from the day of the Hurricane to I think the 19th will go to the Red Cross.

Did you "accidentally" divulge your location?  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I did that so that people would know where I am talking about. I don't claim Clemson- you will note that I list Central as my place of residence, but I figure most people don't know where that is. :rolleyes:

All the orange in this town is pretty weird to see.

Go Cocks! :D

you will note that I list Central as my place of residence, but I figure most people don't know where that is.  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know where Central, SC is simply because I went online and ordered a new cell phone for my wife from Verizon a while back. I chose only that I would be using it within the 864 area code so, of course ... when it arrived, the number was from Central :rolleyes: Naturally, my curiosity got the best of me.

Fortunately, Verizon was kind enough to assign a Greenville number to that phone :thumbsup:

Well it looks like I don't need to go over to SC for gas now, their prices are as high as in NC.

When will this price rises stop.? I do not want another $1.00 rise in 2 days.

By the time the oil companies get through with us, we want have 2 pennies to rub together.

I will have to get me pony and let him graze in the yard.

Archived