Gas Prices Soaring.

Spartan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard on the radio this morning that 16 people died on SC roads over the Labor Day weekend; twice as many as last year. That is a horrible figure. Obviously, gas prices over $3/ gallon are still not high enough to keep very many people out of their cars.

Not sure if how you could relate it to the number of people on the road.

2 that were killed were on bicycles

1 was on a motorcycle

And of the 13 left, only 4 were wearing a seatbelt. They died from stupidity as seat belts have been proven time & time again to save lifes in a car accident. I can personally testify they saved mine. An even scarier statistic, SC is number #1 in the nation for alcohol related deaths per mile of highway.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be awsome. I may go gas up tomorrow just incase that happens

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I already filled up just now. I paid 2.83 (regular) up here in central jersey which is considered cheap. I was told there is going to be a 20 cent raise tomorrow from the gas station attendants (yes, you have people pumping your gas for you there, its illegal to pump it yourself but i do it sometimes anyways). I hope the upstate dosent see a shortage again like last time.

You don't see many full service gas stations anymore.

Its not unusual that some towns have one full serve station out of the remaining self serve stations. Sometimes the full service stations are free of charge (courtesy) but other times, the station will levy a 10-20 cent a gallon surcharge. I remember a few years ago on US 15 in Hartsville had a full service station by the college but i dont know if its around still.

Archived