Chesapeake Towne Center

vdogg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chesapeake has to figure out a better road plan to become anything more than what it is now.  All that city will ever be is what it is today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the citizens of Chesapeake don't want it to become the next Vabeach. They enjoy the suburban life. They have stated that in multiple city hall meetings.

This gets its own thread?  No offense to anyone who lives in Chesapeake (and sorry you live there by the way) but there is not one thing within its city limits that warrants its own topic, least of all another stupid strip mall.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl: I posted this for the very reason that there is nothing urban about this project. I thought people would get a kick out of what Chesapeake calls a towncenter. Note my sarcasm at the beginning of the thread. Also note that to this day, Chesapeake has absolutely nothing in the projects listing. That is for a reason.

actually Norfolk has done damage to South Norfolk when it incorporated the small western part of the town which lead to the town to incorporate with Norfolk County. Granted Chesapeake has done the most damage to that area be going against the orginal plan of making the South Norfolk area the urban part to the city and the rest as country and suburbs.

Which is sad seeing it was the only town to not be affected by the Great Depression. Only to be destroyed by a greedy county.

actually Norfolk has done damage to South Norfolk when it incorporated the small western part of the town which lead to the town to incorporate with Norfolk County.  Granted Chesapeake has done the most damage to that area be going against the orginal plan of making the South Norfolk area the urban part to the city and the rest as country and suburbs.

Which is sad seeing it was the only town to not be affected by the Great Depression.  Only to be destroyed by a greedy county.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It use to be a seperate city. My fathr in law grew up there in the 40's

• 1 month later...

oh yeah, actually it was classified as a town but it was of its own. and yeah i was talking about Berkely (is that the right spelling?)

berkley and south norfolk were each separate cities that were merged into norfolk and chesapeake respectively.

• 2 months later...

Archived