Parking tickets

svs650k3

Recently I got 2 parking tickets. I got both of them on saturday last week on monroe center. I had parked there overnight friday because I went out, got drunk and didn't want to drive home. Come sunday when I go get my car I have 2 tickets both from saturday. One at 9AM and the other around 2PM. I don't know the rules on this stuff but both the tickets say "meter infraction". Meters don't run on the weekend so how can I get a meter infraction ticket? Does anyone know the rules on this stuff? And if I fight the tickets, what are the court costs going to be so I know if it's even worth fighting over. I never knew that being responsible could cost me money. Seems pretty stupid if you ask me.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The meters are enforced on Saturdays, but I don't think on Sundays.  I've gotten a couple lately (for expired meter), and they were only $3 each.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think meters are enforced monday through saturday, 8-5. The city probably has to be pretty tough with people leaving their cars all weekend. I have only left my car at a metered spot downtown overnight once, and I went and got it right away the next morning. How much $$ are the tickets? (If you dont mind me asking ;) )

Speaking of drinking, there was talk a while back about an "inebriation center" where people who were loaded could go and safely cool off. The idea was to not have drunk driving and to avoid having drunk people walking around causing problems. Did that ever come to fruition? I quit paying attention a while ago.

I once called GRPD and told them that I had drank heavily the night before and left my car on Monroe. I told them it would be gone within 2 hours, and the guy said they would inform parking enforcement and I did not get a ticket when I came back for it about 10 hours later.

Alright, thanks for the info guys.  I guess I just didn't read the signs on the meters but meters are enforced on monroe center on saturdays.  I thought they were free all weekend in the city.  Stupid me i guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it used to be all weekend. At least, I thought it was until they put those signs up on the meters on Monroe Center. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I rarely pay the meters on weekends. :whistling: I guess I should start :P

I think it used to be all weekend.  At least, I thought it was until they put those signs up on the meters on Monroe Center.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.  I rarely pay the meters on weekends. :whistling:  I guess I should start  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They only recently began enforcing the meters on Saturdays. Businesses complained that their customers had no street-side parking because downtown condo owners -- mostly on Monroe Center -- would park their cars on the street and keep them there all weekend.

I recently got a ticket on Library St (about 10 PM) because I was in a no parking zone. Ten bucks. :blush:

Archived