New Condo Project in Fayetteville

Mith242

The Northwest Arkansas Times had an article today about more condos coming to Fayetteville. Except this time it looks like they will go up near the university. In fact they will be pretty close to Bud Walton Arena and Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium. They will be just off Razorback Rd between Hotz Dr and Walton St. The five story structure would feature a garden terrance on the top level towards Walton St and a commons area opening to an entertainment terrace facing Razorback Rd.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Northwest Arkansas Times had an article today about more condos coming to Fayetteville.  Except this time it looks like they will go up near the university.  In fact they will be pretty close to Bud Walton Arena and Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.  They will be just off Razorback Rd between Hotz Dr and Walton St.  The five story structure would feature a garden terrance on the top level towards Walton St and a commons area opening to an entertainment terrace facing Razorback Rd.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool, I bet that will do very well. Young professionals and well-off graduate/professional students could create a nice condo market. You do wonder if demand would be much higher nearer Dickson, though.

Cool, I bet that will do very well.  Young professionals and well-off graduate/professional students could create a nice condo market.  You do wonder if demand would be much higher nearer Dickson, though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dickson is certainly where most of the current condo market is happening. But I'm glad to see it happening elsewhere. The article I read didn't really say it but I thought it would be a great place to have and easily walk to Razorback football and basketball games. I think they will also try to market it to some of the more well-off sports fan.

I also dont know why the article didnt talk about it being so close to the stadium, a big reason that i think it will do so well is that. I cannot wait untill it is built. Has any one found any pictures of it yet?

---------Aaron Curry

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There was a rendition of it in the article I read, but that's all I've seen. Unfortunately when I hear about these developments on tv or see an article in the paper they rarely mention who designed the building. So it makes it difficult to find anything on the internet. But yes for those who could afford to buy one it would be nice to be within walking distance to Razorback football and basketball games. By the way welcome to the forum. Can I take it you're from northwest Arkansas or at least familiar with it?

No, I dont really know much about arkansas but i go there sometimes.

I live in New York.

www.barnhillcondominiums.com

I think they just put it online.

check it out.

Oh by the way Kevin Curry is the developer/creator person, i dont know who the architect is but i can find out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm...I can't seem to get that to work. I even tried changing the spelling a little bit and I still couldn't find anything.

www.barnhillcondominiums.com

that should work

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay I got it to work now. I still think they need to market it to professionals who are sports/razorback fans. Some of the condos will even let you be able to watch the Lady Razorback softball games. Here's a pic of the exterior.

Front_looking_up-small21.jpg

Some of the condos will even let you be able to watch the Lady Razorback softball games.

...What?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry guess I should have worded that better. Some of the top level condos facing towards the east let you look in where the Lady Razorback softball field is. It's basically just right across the street so you get a pretty good view of the games just from some of the condos. On the website they have some pics of the views that some of the condos offer.

I want to see them buy some condos that young professionals RIGHT OUT OF COLLEGE can afford. I can't afford a condo that is in the 200,000 range. Someone needs to build condos that are in the 120,000 - 130,000 range. I would love to live in a high rise like that, but definitely not at that price. And the 200,000 range only gets you 850 sq. feet. What a ripoff! These condos will have to be for the people that just want another home for razorback games. Not for students or young professionals.

I want to see them buy some condos that young professionals RIGHT OUT OF COLLEGE can afford.  I can't afford a condo that is in the 200,000 range.  Someone needs to build condos that are in the 120,000 - 130,000 range.  I would love to live in a high rise like that, but definitely not at that price.  And the 200,000 range only gets you 850 sq. feet.  What a ripoff!  These condos will have to be for the people that just want another home for razorback games.  Not for students or young professionals.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is true, and I do hope our condo market starts going after people in the range you mentioned. Not just places for people like the Tyson's and the Walton's to have yet another home that is convenient for their recreational purposes. I don't have a problem with the project itself. I just hope that they don't make most condos that seem to be going up in the area like this. It would be nice to also have something for young professionals too.

What would you like them to change?

There is still time...

The limit for the land is 45 apartments, and thats how many there are. In the article at the top of the page i think they said that the developer wants to buy more land just above this land, and if he does he could build 9 more apartments, maybe he could take down the price a little more if he builds those extra 9 aparments. if he does buy the land the building will probably just get another floor. And the people who buy the apartments will probably rent them to students for a little less, so it will end up being affortable.

Mith, you said:

I just hope that they don't make most condos that seem to be going up in the area like this. It would be nice to also have something for young professionals too.

All the condos around the stadium will probably be like this, its most profitable, and they will need to compete with barnhill. What do you mean have something for young professionals?

Does any one think it would be a good idea to maybe do underground parking and making the above ground parking a park or something instead?

So

reply on what you think they should do, and answer my question please.

What would you like them to change?

There is still time...

The limit for the land is 45 apartments, and thats how many there are. In the article at the top of the page i think they said that the developer wants to buy more land just above this land, and if he does he could build 9 more apartments, maybe he could take down the price a little more if he builds those extra 9 aparments. if he does buy the land the building will probably just get another floor. And the people who buy the apartments will probably rent them to students for a little less, so it will end up being affortable.

Mith, you said:

I just hope that they don't make most condos that seem to be going up in the area like this. It would be nice to also have something for young professionals too.

All the condos around the stadium will probably be like this, its most profitable, and they will need to compete with barnhill. What do you mean have something for young professionals?

Does any one think it would be a good idea to maybe do underground parking and making the above ground parking a park or something instead?

So

reply on what you think they should do, and answer my question please.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wasn't necessarily talking about just this condo project but condos in general here in Fayetteville. I'm a big supporter of condos, I'd like to see more people use them than simply just throwing more housing subdivisions on the outskirts of the city or metro. I just hope that there will be at least some condos that will be a little more affordable to more people. Give a larger part of the population a chance to have a condo if they want. I'd just hate to see the condo market just become something for only the upper class. Certainly many will go this route because as you said it makes it more profitable. I have no problem with that, as long as that's not all that will be built in Fayetteville. As far as parking I'm not sure if underground parking would work very well. Soil levels aren't very deep in most of the Ozarks, you'd hit bedrock pretty quickly here. Sure it could be done but I'm not so sure how cheaply it could be done.

i thought it might be around 400,000 dollars for underground parking, but if he bought that extra land and made those extra 9 apartments then he wouldnt lose any money at all, hed still make about 600,000 or so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But like you said, if he wasn't worried about making that much money off of it he could sell them cheaper so other people might get a chance to buy them. :D

It's also probably a culture thing here, you don't see any underground parking in this area. I imagine it might be an idea that will be looked more into in the future, instead of simply building up with parking decks.

haha, he could make it cheaper but only an idiot or a very very rich person would do that.

:P

but as i said before, i bet a lot of people will buy a few apartments and let people who dont have enough money to rent them.

so every one will get a chance!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well there are some pretty big businessmen up here that are very rich. And you're probably right in that some people will buy the condos and simply rent them out.

Archived