New Condo Project in Fayetteville

Mith242

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like has already been stated, these condominiums will appeal mainly to rich businessmen. The Razorbacks are a statewide symbol, so I think there will definitely be a big enough market for these condos.

(The condos by the Redbird stadium in Memphis are similar to these.)

Like has already been stated, these condominiums will appeal mainly to rich businessmen. The Razorbacks are a statewide symbol, so I think there will definitely be a big enough market for these condos.

(The condos by the Redbird stadium in Memphis are similar to these.)

I agree, but I do hope that there will be more condo developments that will also be for others that aren't really rich older businessmen.

• 4 weeks later...

The Fayetteville Planning Commission approved plans for the Barnhill Condo's last night.

Another Great Project for Fayetteville!!!

Yeah the city council approved it but not very convincingly. Some thought it didn't fit into the quaint older neighborhood very well and some thought it was too large and would bring in more traffic problems in the area. Apparently there have been a few changes made. There's now going to be an underground parking area after nearby residents questioned if there was enough parking along the narrow streets in the area.

Yeah the city council approved it but not very convincingly. Some thought it didn't fit into the quaint older neighborhood very well and some thought it was too large and would bring in more traffic problems in the area. Apparently there have been a few changes made. There's now going to be an underground parking area after nearby residents questioned if there was enough parking along the narrow streets in the area.

Underground Parking, that's a first for NW Arkansas.

I wonder how much more that's going to set back the developer.

Underground Parking, that's a first for NW Arkansas.

I wonder how much more that's going to set back the developer.

Not sure but I imagine he felt it had to be done. It still didn't pass very convincingly, if he didn't do it I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't pass and he'd have to go back and make more changes anyway.

• 1 month later...

You think this will start a condo boom more towards the University?

I guess I'd have to say no really. There will be people interested in being able to stay within walking distance to games and such. But I'm not sure how many people would want condos near the university. I just see more people wanting condos over by Dickson or the Square. Although I wouldn't rule out another condo project somewhere near the university. I'm a bit surprised someone isn't putting in more apartments near the campus. I figure that the university must have some deal with Lindsey not to build too close to the university so that they can try to get more people staying on campus.

• 1 month later...

Well this was brought up by DickSonstreetDFW in the Fayetteville topic, but it looks like this project is dead now. The university now owns the land where this development would have taken place. It's too bad, it was about the only condo development taking place away from the downtown area.

Cheer up guys. So it's one step back after only like fifty steps forward. :D

You have a point, but I guess this shows that just about any of those other developments could falter as well. Many of them haven't even started construction. I guess I'm mote bothered because this was the only condo development away from the downtown area. I would like to see that head into other areas of the city.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I'm still not sure what the university is going to do with the land. Which reminds me I drove by that area earlier today. I need to get some pics of the work done on the new outdoor track and field stadium. You can tell they are pushing it, they were working on it today, Easter Sunday.

Archived