Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_sandlapper

Gameday at USC

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone made it down to the celebration? Good to see the school and city get some national exposure.

Has anyone made it down to the celebration? Good to see the school and city get some national exposure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went to the game last night. Go 'Cocks!

Also there. Great atmosphere. Could look off and see the construction of the spur at williams brice. Actually site work. no construction yet.

Has construction for the gameday centers began DT yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, but The Spur is U/C and they are about to clear the site for Carolina Walk, both next to Williams-Brice Stadium.

I havent seen any renderings yet, but as far as I Know it will be around the Vista area of DT Columbia.

Keep a close eye on Gamedaycenters.com for updates and pictures. Tallahassee currently has a Gameday center underconstruction and I've found many useful pieces of info there.

I'm not so sure I like the gameday concept in terms of the urban form it promotes. I was fortunate enough to get a tour of a smiliar design in Clemson. Basicly, you are paying $150,000-$300,000 for a party room (a very small one) that you get to use 7 days a year. Its otherwise wasted space. The condos above are essentially the same way. Maybe a few people will live there, but it will primarily be a game day only event. Wasted space. Wasteb building. :ph34r: