Wal-Mart fraud

jeafl

My mother returned some clothing to the Weal-Mart on Normandy a few day ago. The sales clerk who handled the transaction at the customer service desk was logged in using an employee number that is assigned to a cashier. She was not supposed to be at the customer service desk.

The clerk did not give a receipt showing how much money was returned, and apparently this is normal Weal-Mart procedure. But, my mother later realized that the clerk short-changed her by $5. After making 2 special trips back to the store Weal-Mart will not admit that a thief was working at the customer service desk and the store refused to make good the difference.

Granted, if I still had the 15 other stores that Jacksonville no longer has since Weal-Mart came to town, I would no longer do any shopping at any Weal-Mart.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so how do you know that the person who took your mother's returned item was not supposed to be there? And why didn't she count the change before she left. I probably wouldn't give her $5 if she came back hours or days later saying she was short changed by my store if she had no proof she had been there; i.e. a receipt.

And your thread title is a very misleading, this is not fraud, this is an instance of someone not paying attention (your mother)

Maybe you should think about moving since every post you have made here is extremely negative towards anything/everything about this city.

Well it's an american way...unless you are Serb extreme in which case you would take Wal-Mart under siege and shelled it for months untill it flattens out or cleark surrenders.
:lol:

My mother returned some clothing to the Weal-Mart on Normandy a few day ago. The sales clerk who handled the transaction at the customer service desk was logged in using an employee number that is assigned to a cashier. She was not supposed to be at the customer service desk.

Dont shop at Walmart. Shop at the Dollar General if you are looking for bargains. They are all over town.

I heard that the New Orleans residents are going extreme on Wal-Marts.

....back to the topic....What does this have to do with Urban discussion? Wal-Mart (as its properly called) is probably the least urban minded franchise in the world.

Ok, so how do you know that the person who took your mother's returned item was not supposed to be there?

She was the only person working the customer service desk when we were there and the computer records shows that she logged in using a employee ID number that is assigned to a cashier at a regular check out.

And why didn't she count the change before she left.  I probably wouldn't give her $5 if she came back hours or days later saying she was short changed by my store if she had no proof she had been there; i.e. a receipt.
She did realize it in the store, but by the time she did the line for the customer service desk was a dozen deep again.

And your thread title is a very misleading, this is not fraud, this is an instance of someone not paying attention (your mother)

No it was Wal-Mart being Wal-Mart.

BTW: My mother is disabled and seldom has the energy to deal with Wal-Mart just to do normal shopping. Her health would not allow her to deal with the situation at the time, but she did call the store

:lol:

Dont shop at Walmart.  Shop at the Dollar General if you are looking for bargains.  They are all over town.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do shop at Dollar General and Family Dollar more often than I used to because of Wal-Mart. But, I rather be shopping in Zayres, Jefferson Ward, Pic n Save or some other store Wal-Mart has destroyed.

Well, at least no one can blame the demise of pic-n-save on wal-mart. Pic-n-save was dying its own horrible death years before wal-mart was a major retail player.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pic n Save was best with family trouble, but the advent of Wal-Mart didn't help. But stores like Woolworth, Ward's, Service Merchandise and Zayres/Ames were national, not regional, chains and Wal-Mart still drove them out.

Pic n Save was best with family trouble, but the advent of Wal-Mart didn't help.  But stores like Woolworth, Ward's, Service Merchandise and Zayres/Ames were national, not regional, chains and Wal-Mart still drove them out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I already told you about Pic N Save going anyway. I have known many people in some management positions there and Wal-Mart played no part in its death.

Evil Wal-Mart is contibuting $15 billion dollars to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort, as well as opening numerous 'mini-wal-marts' to distribute essential items free.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I seriously doubt Wal-Mart is giving $15 billion. That's hilarious. I think it was more like $15 million, which is nothing for them.

I already told you about Pic N Save going anyway.  I have known many people in some management positions there and Wal-Mart played no part in its death.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Customers no longer shopping at a store has nothing to do with the store going under?

Stores like Woolworth and Zarye/Ames, were already on their way out.  Their problems came from a lot more than just Walmart.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Woolworth had been in business for what?- at least a century? News of its demise hit Wall Street like a ton of bricks- no one expected it. The stores in Regency and Roosevelt Malls were usually busy any time I was in them. And I distinctly remember an analyst on McNiel-Lehrer put part of the blame on Wal-Mart.

Also Zayres had been in Jacksonville for as long as I can remember.

And you cannot deny that the rate at which stores left the market was greater post Wal-Mart than before. I remember when J.M. Field's left and Woolco left. I don't remember Grants, a store that left before the mid-1970s. These 3 stores are the only ones I know of that left before Wal-Mart came. So why did the pace suddenly accelerate once Wal-Mart came to town?

And that's how many minutes worth of business for Wal-Mart?  And how much of it comes from things like scanner errors at the checkout?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No clue but Wal-mart has offeed about $50 million more in aid that has been turned down by FEMA so far.

Sheriff Harry Lee said that if America -- "American government would have responded like Wal-Mart has responded, we wouldn't be in this crisis."

Customers no longer shopping at a store has nothing to do with the store going under?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They stopped shopping there because it sucked. How much more blatant do I need to get?

EDIT: You really need to learn how to quote all in one post.

Use this.

text

No clue but Wal-mart has offeed about $50 million more in aid that has been turned down by FEMA so far. 

Sheriff Harry Lee said that if America -- "American government would have responded like Wal-Mart has responded, we wouldn't be in this crisis."

And you can document this how? Since FEMA is a government agency, can it take private donations?

They stopped shopping there because it sucked.  How much more blatant do I need to get?
They stopped shopping at these other stores because they were lured into Wal-Mart by artificially low prices. When Wal-Mart

I think the figure is 19 million.  11 from WalMart and 8 from the Walton family.  This is not to excuse their wrecking small towns or their reprehensible corporate behavior.  Still, that's another topic entirely.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you happen to see my list of 15 Jacksonville stores that have left since the first Wal-Mart opened? I was beginning to think I was the only person here with any sense regarding the nation

Archived