Wal-Mart fraud

jeafl

And you can document this how?  Since FEMA is a government agency, can it take private donations?
The donations came in the form of trucks, equipment and supplies for those areas hit hard but FEMA hasn't granted then the right to give them. All donations must be granted by FEMA. In fact, I'll show you some stuff that FEMA has not allowed so far at the end of this post.

They stopped shopping at these other stores because they were lured into Wal-Mart by artificially low prices.  When Wal-Mart

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously doubt Wal-Mart is giving $15 billion.  That's hilarious.  I think it was more like $15 million, which is nothing for them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

$25 million, plus tons and tons of free stuff, plus allowing their stores in the affected areas to give food, water, etc away, plus basically being the complete relief effort in Kenner, a major NO burb. There are plenty of companies that aren't doing this that should be, so it's not worth belittling their contribution.

I seriously doubt Wal-Mart is giving $15 billion.  That's hilarious.  I think it was more like $15 million, which is nothing for them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, my bad. MILLION.

Although your comment that it's 'nothing for them' is yet another indication that Wal-Mart will never get a fair go on an urbanist forum.

Walmart is simply another company operating in the American free market. Nothing more, nothing less. I really fail to understand the hatred people have for them. I personally do not shop there but they provide a service to the poorer segments of society in that, through the economies of scale and efficient management, they provide cheaper goods for people. This in effect gives poorer people a raise. Why is this so hard to understand?? And, my life is not affected in any way by the demise of other, inefficient, discount retailers. Simultaneous with the rise of Walmart, my personal net worth has also risen exponentially. Forget about Walmart and make some money. That is the name of the game (at least in terms of the economy, both on a personal and national level).

Archived