Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alon504

Hello...

13 posts in this topic

Just wanted to say I survived Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. I rode the storm out and have escaped the City to my sister's home in Lafayette, LA. I have an amazing story to tell, and will return later to share it with you guys. I need to regroup my life mentally and physically and reorganize my life for the next few months until I can return to New Orleans. I absolutely guarantee everyone that New Orleans will return with all of her beauty, grandeur, and charm. I'll leave you with that thought.

Hey Alon504!!!

I am very happy to here that you are out of NO and safe and with family!! Please know that we are all praying for you and everyone else who has been through this terrible ordeal! I cannot understand the incompetence and head bumping that is going on!! I cannot believe that there are still people in that city.... hungry, thirsty, dirty, hot, tired.... this seems like something out of a third world country.... It is very unfortunate that our leaders have not been there for you guys as they should have been. However, please know that the people of this country are behind you, supporting you, and that we will continue to contribute with our prayers, our money, and our time and strenght!

God Bless you!

alon, good to hear you made it through the storm ok. I hope you will be able to find what you need to get your life back in order. Best wishes to you and everyone else down there.

Woo hoo! Man I was worried about you. Now, we gotta find out something about NCB.

Good to see you back, alon504! Hope ou'll be alright. You guys have been in my prayers, too!

@NCB: He's here, he said his computer was running on an emergency generator.

Great to read that you're alive, alon504! :D

Many others were not so fortunate. :cry:

Just as it was a bad choice for many to stay in their homes during the storm, rebuilding homes below sea level would be another huge mistake. Build the core of the city and residences further inland and rebuild the old city of New Orleans for tourism only. You'd have the best of both worlds by reviving the essence of New Orleans's greatness while minimizing the potential for a repeat of this week's catastrophic nightmare. Just an idea. :)

Great to read that you're alive, alon504! :D

Many others were not so fortunate. :cry:

Just as it was a bad choice for many to stay in their homes during the storm, rebuilding homes below sea level would be another huge mistake.  Build the core of the city and residences further inland and rebuild the old city of New Orleans for tourism only.  You'd have the best of both worlds by reviving the essence of New Orleans's greatness while minimizing the potential for a repeat of this week's catastrophic nightmare.  Just an idea. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Skyliner, please read my last post in the topic "The end of New Orleans".

Great news alon. You guys will continually be in my prayers.

Glad your alright alon!

It seems that we all got through this

But has anyone heard from JWR_NOLA?

You've been greatly missed, NCB! Welcome back from "hell on earth." I sincerely hope everyone missing will be found alive and well. :)

Glad to hear you guys are okay! It was eerie reading through the posts about you guys riding out the storm and then not hearing anyway. Even though I've never spent much time on this forum, I'm very relieved now.