Hello...

alon504

Just wanted to say I survived Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. I rode the storm out and have escaped the City to my sister's home in Lafayette, LA. I have an amazing story to tell, and will return later to share it with you guys. I need to regroup my life mentally and physically and reorganize my life for the next few months until I can return to New Orleans. I absolutely guarantee everyone that New Orleans will return with all of her beauty, grandeur, and charm. I'll leave you with that thought.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Alon504!!!

I am very happy to here that you are out of NO and safe and with family!! Please know that we are all praying for you and everyone else who has been through this terrible ordeal! I cannot understand the incompetence and head bumping that is going on!! I cannot believe that there are still people in that city.... hungry, thirsty, dirty, hot, tired.... this seems like something out of a third world country.... It is very unfortunate that our leaders have not been there for you guys as they should have been. However, please know that the people of this country are behind you, supporting you, and that we will continue to contribute with our prayers, our money, and our time and strenght!

God Bless you!

Great to read that you're alive, alon504! :D

Many others were not so fortunate. :cry:

Just as it was a bad choice for many to stay in their homes during the storm, rebuilding homes below sea level would be another huge mistake. Build the core of the city and residences further inland and rebuild the old city of New Orleans for tourism only. You'd have the best of both worlds by reviving the essence of New Orleans's greatness while minimizing the potential for a repeat of this week's catastrophic nightmare. Just an idea. :)

Great to read that you're alive, alon504! :D

Many others were not so fortunate. :cry:

Just as it was a bad choice for many to stay in their homes during the storm, rebuilding homes below sea level would be another huge mistake.  Build the core of the city and residences further inland and rebuild the old city of New Orleans for tourism only.  You'd have the best of both worlds by reviving the essence of New Orleans's greatness while minimizing the potential for a repeat of this week's catastrophic nightmare.  Just an idea. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Skyliner, please read my last post in the topic "The end of New Orleans".

Archived