Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott

Plans for New York's Tallest Tower

25 posts in this topic

More Revisions in Plans for New York's Tallest Tower

By DAVID W. DUNLAP

New York Times December 10, 2003

The nearly completed design for the signature tower at the World Trade Center site would recapture the title of world's tallest building for New York City without forcing anyone to work higher than 70 stories in the sky.

Gov. George E. Pataki, who effectively controls the rebuilding process at ground zero, will unveil the plan next week. It will bear little resemblance to the asymmetrical and angular design by Daniel Libeskind that has been in the public eye...The rest of the NY Times article...

10TOWE.jpg

I really don't like that. It looks like it's leaning and that is totally inappropriate for that site.

Wow. That is one ugly building!!!! I don't like it at all. They need to totally redesign that building.

Please, no....that looks like something I drew in my 10th grade geometry class.

Holy CRAP....what in the HELL is that thing?!?!?! :blink:

I really hope they don't build that thing hell if they want me to i'll draw something

Wonder how much money they spent to get that drawing. :lol:

I think they just went to some pre-school daycare centers on the Upper East Side and pulled it off of some classroom bulletin board. :huh:

49er, I had not noticed, but you are correct. Imagine that towering over NYC. LOL

World's Tallest blah blah blah... Does NYC really have to prove that it has a bigger johnson than Kuala Lumpur or Taipei...? :rolleyes:

I didn't think so.

EDIT: I soooooo did not type 'johnson' :blink:

EDIT: I soooooo did not type 'johnson' :blink:

LMAO!

Here is the revised design:

r3417080362.jpg

It will rise 1,776 feet into the air complimenting the Statue of Liberty. The plan calls for a cable suspension structure that creates an open area above the building's 70 floors of office space, and houses windmills to generate energy. The windmills could provide 20 percent of the building's energy.

I actually lake the latest design. Plus, it will be awesome to see the return of the worlds tallest to the US and more importantly NYC.

I liked Libsekind's design better.

That building definately does not belong in NYC. They need to follow Libsekind's design.

That building definately does not belong in NYC. They need to follow Libsekind's design.

I don't really see how Libeskind's design would qualify as "belonging" in NYC...

I feel that Libeskind's design is definitely better than that thing!

This tower is really beginning to tick me off alot! Why did we even have to have another tower anyway on that site?