Albany, NY

Recchia

Don't forget about the "Convention Center" They're planning to build. It seems the politicians are determined to build it. It will be located on a 30 acre area including the bus station.

The reason the train station is located in Renssalaer is I think partly due to the Great Strike of 1877. The station was moved there to avoid disruption in Albany.

That'd be wonderful since the bus station area is an asphalt wasteland.

I thought they moved it to Rensellaer way after 1877. I could be wrong though, I have a book about the Great Strike but never got through it cause it was so dry.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Plans for the Wellington Include Demolition and Reconstruction

Current plans call for the demolition of the crumbling Wellington Hotel, but the hotel's facade will be replicated in the new office tower planned for the site. Many hope that several adjacent buildings will be incorporated into the project, but time will tell whether they will be included or simply scraped away without comment. I'm sorry to see the Wellington being demolished, but I realize that it's in wretched condition. I hope the reconstructed facade will be faithfully executed.

The Albany Journal of Business

Archived