Woodruff Crossing

gs3

Driving down Woodruff earlier today and noticed a sign for "Woodruff Crossing".....not a coming soon wooden sign, but the finished sign (metal and lights). The area behind it is under heavy excavation, and it seems to stretch from Woodruff all the way back to Brookfield Office Park. Anybody know about this? Is it a new shopping center? A restaurant row?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are studies being done on several roads (including Woodruff) because of the future impact of ICAR, Verdae, and numerous other developments in that area. They are going to retime the traffic signals in many places around that high-volume traffic region. Now the only question is when we will actually see the task accomplished. :rolleyes:

Which makes studying this proposal so difficult. City Officials have already said this will be a supreme necessity, so I think they realize how important it is to keep traffic moving. They also realize how poorly it currently is designed. Guess we'll have to wait.............and wait.......................and wait. ^_^

Which makes studying this proposal so difficult.  City Officials have already said this will be a supreme necessity, so I think they realize how important it is to keep traffic moving.  They also realize how poorly it currently is designed.  Guess we'll have to wait.............and wait.......................and wait. ^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now which city are we talking about? Greenville or Mauldin. You the two cities are real tight down there.

DARN! so much for a pedestrian friendly area...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now I don't know if this is the right thread for this or hell even if it needs its own post. But the way I see it, that area that we are talkin' about should or should have been developed kind of like the Orchard Park and Patewood Dr. area. Now I can't claim that the whole area is perfect in anyway. But alot of the area is walkable in IMHO. I don't know of many areas, maybe I can say the Hudson, Brushy Creek, and Old Spartanburg Rds. area, That can really claim that distinction. Outside of DT Greenville.

Archived