Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

Woodruff Crossing

19 posts in this topic

Driving down Woodruff earlier today and noticed a sign for "Woodruff Crossing".....not a coming soon wooden sign, but the finished sign (metal and lights). The area behind it is under heavy excavation, and it seems to stretch from Woodruff all the way back to Brookfield Office Park. Anybody know about this? Is it a new shopping center? A restaurant row?

A new development on Woodruff?!? Surely you jest. ;)

I'm not aware of what will be at Woodruff Crossing. Where on Woodruff is it located?

Would that be across from Walmart at the intersection with Tanner Road? I think there is some clearing underway there.

A new development on Woodruff?!?  Surely you jest. ;)

I'm not aware of what will be at Woodruff Crossing.  Where on Woodruff is it located?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D It's across from Perkins and Walmart.

Yeah More traffic how much more can possibly go on Woodruff rd.

Are they suppose to improve that signalized intersection at Wal-Mart? It would make sense to extend Tanner Road there. Turn signals would be very helpful getting out of Walmart.

Do we know what exactly will go into Woodruff Crossing?

There are studies being done on several roads (including Woodruff) because of the future impact of ICAR, Verdae, and numerous other developments in that area. They are going to retime the traffic signals in many places around that high-volume traffic region. Now the only question is when we will actually see the task accomplished. :rolleyes:

My question is will anyone notice? The traffic is just going to get exponentially worse there.

Which makes studying this proposal so difficult. City Officials have already said this will be a supreme necessity, so I think they realize how important it is to keep traffic moving. They also realize how poorly it currently is designed. Guess we'll have to wait.............and wait.......................and wait. ^_^

Which makes studying this proposal so difficult.  City Officials have already said this will be a supreme necessity, so I think they realize how important it is to keep traffic moving.  They also realize how poorly it currently is designed.  Guess we'll have to wait.............and wait.......................and wait. ^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now which city are we talking about? Greenville or Mauldin. You the two cities are real tight down there.

Doesn't look like a very big shopping mall though: a kfc and a few other shops; so i'm not expecting traffic to increase much more than it already has.

Is this part of Woodruff acutally in the city limits?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you check gcgis.org, it is not within city limits.

if you check gcgis.org, it is not within city limits.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DARN! so much for a pedestrian friendly area...

Just because it isnt on there now doesn't mean it won't be in the near future. I would expect that Greenville will annex that property if it hasnt already. I'm guessing that they don't update the GIS maps on amything less than a monthly to bi-monthly basis.

DARN! so much for a pedestrian friendly area...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now I don't know if this is the right thread for this or hell even if it needs its own post. But the way I see it, that area that we are talkin' about should or should have been developed kind of like the Orchard Park and Patewood Dr. area. Now I can't claim that the whole area is perfect in anyway. But alot of the area is walkable in IMHO. I don't know of many areas, maybe I can say the Hudson, Brushy Creek, and Old Spartanburg Rds. area, That can really claim that distinction. Outside of DT Greenville.

That area is walkable because it has buried power lines (i.e., no telephone poles). ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl: