Quorum Center

Raleigh-NC

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Sweet pictures...I usually don't care for Brick Towers but Quarum has turned out to be a fine looking Structure. I really liked the picture showing all of Dt from Archdale all the way to BBT. As stated before....You should be a Professional Photographer.

Those DH Hill pictures remind me of an image I made from an old DH Hill picture I have.

This is as good a thread as ever to look at the big picture in 2010:

dtprojects.jpg

A crude rendering, but really the idea is just what space is taken up. Assuming everything gets built as envisioned, Raleigh will start to look close to how it should for its size.

Of course, Raleigh will be bigger by then, so the cycle continues. It'll take a few infills like this one before the skyline catches up to its size.

Most of the new towers won't be grand, but collectively they'll make a statement. In the meantime, the blocks between West Morgan, South Dawson, West Davie, and South Salisbury will become the center of the skyline, and great for the first round of 40+ floor buildings.

MR-2, awesome picture!! I believe West isn't quite in the right place - it's actually three blocks north and just one block west of Quorum. It would probably be about halfway between the belltower and the first white Halifax Mall building to the left of it.

Do you think 222 Glenwood would be visible from there?

MR-2, awesome picture!! I believe West isn't quite in the right place - it's actually three blocks north and just one block west of Quorum. It would probably be about halfway between the belltower and the first white Halifax Mall building to the left of it.

Do you think 222 Glenwood would be visible from there?

I never found an address for it, just the general description of "a few blocks north of Hillsborough." Apparently it's more than a few. But it looks just as good if you move it over.

222 Glenwood will be too short to be visible. I didn't include Site 4, which was blocked by the Mariott. I also didn't include the contemporary art museum, which will be only barely visible. Anything too short to be visible wasn't included. Maybe I'll redo it on a high res Flash image, and put the little things in.

Some projects here are more guaranteed than others. RBC Centura is for sure. Site 1 and the Hotel are for sure. The Lafayette and the new Judicial Complex will also happen. North of those, things get shakier. The Condo tower on Wilmingon (which could be up to 24 floors), was in trouble due to the layout of the properties last I heard. The Reynolds Towers could go up or down. The latest news suggests they'll be a few floors shorter, unfortunately. The Clarion will clearly be part of the skyline, instead of isolated. It will also be renovated, so it should be a much more attractive building by then.

The Furman condo tower is the one creating a stir with Raleigh's density regulations. Hopefully it'll set us up for great things in the long run.

The good news is that I didn't include things that haven't been envisioned yet. While some of these projects might not happen, chances are one or two will happen that we haven't heard of yet, so it should all cancel out in the end.

So "Furman" is the Boulevard Centro project at Hillsborough/Glenwood? and "237 SW" is the envisioned S. Wilmington condo tower next to Moore Square Transit mall?

Yep. Not enough room to write all of that, but that's exactly what those are.

Are there any other large projects that would be visible in that view? I didn't look for any other than those.

I can't think of any more buildings that would be tall enough to be seen in that picture except the Bloomsbury because of it's rather high perch atop the "mini-bluff" near Boylan Ave.

The only others I can think of might be:

1. Proposed condo building (7-9 stories?) where Bradshaw Realty ( :sick: ) is located--between Park Devereaux and The Dawson.

2. Progress Energy mixed use development (apartments, office, retail--unknown bldg size) north of Progress II where Cooper's BBQ is located.

3. Proposed 10-story condo at Boylan and North St.

Those DH Hill pictures remind me of an image I made from an old DH Hill picture I have.

This is as good a thread as ever to look at the big picture in 2010:

dtprojects.jpg

A crude rendering, but really the idea is just what space is taken up. Assuming everything gets built as envisioned, Raleigh will start to look close to how it should for its size.

Of course, Raleigh will be bigger by then, so the cycle continues. It'll take a few infills like this one before the skyline catches up to its size.

Most of the new towers won't be grand, but collectively they'll make a statement. In the meantime, the blocks between West Morgan, South Dawson, West Davie, and South Salisbury will become the center of the skyline, and great for the first round of 40+ floor buildings.

What is 237 S.W.? Is this the N&O building?

Archived