Quorum Center

Raleigh-NC

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone!

(long time lurker, first time poster)

Always cool to see a new crane on the skyline, looks like we'll have a few up for at least the next 3 years.

HQ for a regional bank???

This someone besides RBC?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to Urban Planet. Good to see another raleigh forumer. Im not sure who the tenant is for the bank. The info is from www.garyhandel.com

Hey everyone!

(long time lurker, first time poster)

Always cool to see a new crane on the skyline, looks like we'll have a few up for at least the next 3 years.

HQ for a regional bank???

This someone besides RBC?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RBC is a whole 'nother story - see previous threads concerning getting them to move. However I believe they are looking at their financial plan for the North Carolina operations and moving their HQ to Raleigh would be a long ways away. Keep your fingers crossed though! Does anyone know of a method to lobby to get the Reynolds project out for public comment? I know it's all business but maybe we could have some sort of impact. Mayor's office, City Council, Reynolds office?

PS - welcome to the forum!

Just looking at those renderings, the part that's up in the air looks just great. But I'm a little concerned about the ground-level design. It doesn't seem very - er, welcoming? There's a lot of space at street level taken up by blank walls and the parking deck. Seems that the rendering just stuck a bunch of little people in there to make it look more pedestrian friendly.

Ah well, it's not on a major pedestrian corridor, and it's already under construction so it's too late for any complaints. We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out!

The quorum, sizewise, is a great match for that part of town. It won't exactly be a distinctive addition to the skyline but it's certainly not ugly either. I do believe that the Quorum is still planned to have 75,000 feet of residential space. It's anybody's guess as to how it will be layed out, though.

looks great. 

Is there going to be a residential component to Quorum as initially discussed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I understood it, the condos are to be on the smallish side, aimed at state legislators who want an abode in the city. And yes I think they are still a go. :thumbsup:

As I understood it, the condos are to be on the smallish side, aimed at state legislators who want an abode in the city. And yes I think they are still a go.  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So does that mean they're only being marketed to legislators? Or will these condos be made available to the general public as well?

• 2 months later...

In todays print edition of the biz journal, the true height of the Quorum Center is given to be 200 feet. There's an article about the crane operator. That puts this building almost exactly half as tall as the Wachovia Capitol Center. A nice little addition to the skyline to say the least.

Archived