Quorum Center

Raleigh-NC

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is 237 S.W.? Is this the N&O building?

I actually can't find the link for it anymore. It's a 19-24 floor condo tower that would be across the intersection from RBC Centura. The developer was having trouble getting parts of the property last I heard. It overlaps a parking deck slightly, so the deck would need to be incorporated or demolished.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't seen any updates on the Quorum Center in a while. Does any one have any word on when the building will be done and ope, maybe even for tours?

Drove by today for the first time in weeks. I noticed that the crane is gone and the building's view from Garner (US 70) is beautiful. It appears taller than the Clarion Hotel, and the brick facade stands out nicely. Any updates on the interior?

It is taller than clarion I would say by a couple stories. That I believe is the continuous meeting space.

I was on the dix property yesterday for work and at the apex of that hill the panorama of downtown is the greatest. Quorum looks great from there also and the height difference of it vs. Clarion is clearly visible. Also the New convention center beams are now visible from Dix Campus. I didnt know it was going to be so massive.

I can't get over how great Quorum looks driving south down Capital. Previously, that approach to downtown was extremely anti-climactic. Now, Quorum is quite an exclamation point, and West at North will only add to the effect.

I can't get over how great Quorum looks driving south down Capital. Previously, that approach to downtown was extremely anti-climactic. Now, Quorum is quite an exclamation point, and West at North will only add to the effect.

Agreed. Going down Capital really accentuates the two halves of downtown. To the right, Glenwood South, to the left, the CBD. Quorum does look great, but the addition of Reynolds will make this approach evven better.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Article on Quorum Center

Creating condominiums is common in the suburbs. But people who track Triangle commercial property sales say they can't remember another deal this big for a portion of a downtown property. The price per square foot is thought to be the most for a single downtown Raleigh office property. At $235 per square foot, it's about 30 percent more than the average paid for class-A office buildings and office condos in Wake last year, according to CB Richard Ellis and Koonce Realty Research.

Because the sale is an anomaly, it likely won't sway pricing of entire buildings. But it might help set the pricing benchmark for the condominium portion of future mixed-use towers.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The residents of the Quorum must be coordinating their Christmas trees. Coming from the north, somewhere around a dozen white light trees are visible. With the floor to ceiling windows, its looks quite nice. Take a look if you get a chance after sunset.

Also I noticed while in central park last month, there is a building overlooking from central park west that looks very much like Quorum but about three times as tall. It seems like somewhere in this thread someone said Quorum felt more like a building from NYC. It would appear they were right. (wish I got a picture but it was drizzling out that day)

Archived